What are the E/W limits for my latitude?

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I am at approximately 51.5N 0.5W. My motor has the hardware stops factory set to 45 each way, which I assumed was approximately the level of the horizon.

But I've been looking at the SatcoDX software, and when I put in my coordinates and select "display receivable" in the sattrak screen, it includes 72E through to 58W. Are those really receivable from here, or would I need to be on top of a mountain?

My dish can move without obstruction in any direction, it's on a scaffold pole 5ft above the chimney of my house. Is it worth me backing the stops off to see if I can get any other satellites?

So far I've got Hellasat through to Hispasat. I can't seem to get Turksat, the dish is still receiving Hellasat even when the motor scale says 45E.

Phil.
Still a newbie.

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi phil,
i am at 51.24ish, and to be honest unless you are a feeds hunter or looking for something out of the way then 45E to 42W will do you, but if you can not get turksat then you either have a small dish, or you still need to tweak your dish, because i am getting turksat 42E, and even europestar at 45E with a strong signal, my setup is humax5400 and 1.1 dish .6 lnb, then around to the W i get panamsat 43W also with a good signal, i would not bother with the stops until you get the sats within the limits you already have, but if you are seeing hellas sat even when the scale says 45E, then maybe your scale is out, as it is at 39E and you would lose this after about 2 degrees, you can stretch it a bit but as i said get the ones you should before looking for more
regards
phil

loftyj

Reaction score
Back your box off to 39E Hellasat and if you are reciving signal get someone to see if dish moves when you return to 42E Turksat, that will answer your question as to if your stops are wrong.