What are these? (Dirty pictures/naked parts)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
All you technical wizzards

I have received from a friend two mighty technical devices that apparently make it possible to attach two receivers to one LNB (or vice versa). I have included pictures of those parts naked of any covers. (The parts are slightly dirty but it is hardly noticable.)

The questions are:
A) Are they only for analogue receivers (once they are exposed as to be what they are)
:cool: The SW22INF switch has one entry and persumably two exits. Or is it two entries and one exit (so if you have two LNB's you can switch them together for one receiver???)
C)The Astro AMS 054 multiswitch has also some interesting features: It has entries and exits from all 4 sides (might be useful if you have a patio?), as well as "Low" and "High" markings. Does this apply to my two dishes, one of which is mounted much higher than the other??
This one as well has 5 entries but only 4 exits. (it says so on the part).
Where has one gone??
Why does it have such a big power supply? Is it also an amplifier?

You help on this matter will be greatly appreciated!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The first is a 22Khz LNB switch, of no use whatsoever any more T_G, the second is a multiswitch, you can use it for running 4 receivers off of one LNB, but it needs to be a quad or quatro LNB, this unit then combines the terrestrial signal with the satellite feed, so that you get four complete system outlets.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
When Rolf sys Quad or Quatro he means a special type of LNB with 4 outlets that give low band horizonatal, low band vertical, high band horizontal and high band vertical signals.

These individual outputs are then fed to the relevant inputs on the 5in/4out box and if a receiver is then connected to one of the outputs of the box it will "see" an ordinary universal LNB, as will any other receivers connected to the other outputs. Each receiver can use this virtual LNB without affecting the others.

The power supply is big because the LNB needs power to all 4 circuits at all times and also because it needs to be reliable.

The 5th input is almost certainly for a terrestrial TV aerial connection, as Rolf says.

PaulR