what cam in a panasonic viera tv with inbuilt satellite decoder

moscam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
panasonic viera tv with inbuilt sat decoder for freeview uk on astra 2 and other sat facility for astra 1 channels via manual switcher as diseq doesnt work
My Location
maarmande france
hi guys , im really a bit at my wits end here as well as being well out of my depth but here goes
i have a panasonic viera hd tv model txls2d 25ba which has inbuilt satellite decoders for freesat and other sat
i watch the uk channels in france on the freesat position. i have a second dish pointed at astra 1 which is manually switched because theres no diseq on the panasonic tv. i can register all the french channels on the other sat option and of course i cant see them because theyre encrypted plus which i cant get them terrestrially cos i live in a black hole
so my question is is there a cam i can put in the ci slot on the tv which will decrypt the french tnt sat transmissions on astra 1, ive been told so many different stories im doing my head in, certainly panasonic are absolutely no help and havent replied to any of my queries
i would prefer to do it without a tnt sat card but if neccesary i can source one from my other sd sat box, but i dont really want to clutter up the pace with yet another decoder, and as the card is registered in my other box im not sure if it would work
in a word HELP:-ohcrap

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
You can use a CAM for sat reception, several other guys have used TIVU CAMs for the Italian version of Freesat etc, Im not a expert on Canal+ France butas long as they dont sell cards with paired receivers (i.e. You need to use the sub card with that supplied box & no other box) it will work fine, I have a Cyfra+ card (The Polish wing of Canal) & its SECA 3. The one thing I would add is if they use SECA encryption, the official CAM for SECA cards is very expensive at around 80 Euros.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I think TNTSat currently requires the card to be used in one of their own decoders or a softcam in a Linux box

moscam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
panasonic viera tv with inbuilt sat decoder for freeview uk on astra 2 and other sat facility for astra 1 channels via manual switcher as diseq doesnt work
My Location
maarmande france
can anyone tell me for sure if the inbuilt sattelite decoder in this model of panasonic viera tv can read a cam in the common interface slot or is it only for terrestrial reception
if it can read the cam then i will buy one but need to know for sure i wont be wasting my money
many thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive merged this post into your previous thread as its associated info.

Which service are you wanting to watch? If its TNTSat you already have your answer.

moscam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
maarmande france
thank you for that but whilst i now know all about the cams etc i till dont know if the sattelite decoder can actually read the common interface on this particular model, the question has been asked of me by the supplier for a cam which will work if the tv can read it, i just thought there might be someone out there who had done exactly the same thing

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The Panasonic uses CI Plus technology, the slot can be used for both terrestrial/satellite decoding and third party recording modules.

moscam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
maarmande france
thank you so much