What CAM to buy ??

whizzwilly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600 IP, 1m dish, 0.3 lnb, 36v Jaegar H-H mount, Dragon Cam 4, dynamite programmer, Dell Dimension 8400 3Mhz 160Gb
My Location
Rochdale
Hi

So i've gone out and bought an echostar ad3600ip, 1m motorised dish with h-h mount. All satellites are tuned in and signal great - that's the good news!!

The bad news is that anything worth watching i can't watch due to channels being encrypted. I can pick up many free to air channels but i just haven't learn't to speak german,french,polish or spanish at the moment!

I need to know what CAM u would recommend i buy to unscramble most channels ( ie. films, premiership sport and oh yes lots of mature content ! ).

I have been following many posts on the forum especially the new Dragon cam. Does it unlock everything? Is it well supported? How do u program the loader card and how often? If i buy the Dragon cam do i need any other cards/cams or is it really a one-for-all as advertised.

Any comments would be well appreciated.

Thanks

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi whizzwilly

Dragon cam is the only one I have ever used so am biased, as far as I know it opens all the channels that any other cam opens. one disadvantage is that it normaly takes a couple of days longer than some of the other cams if there are key changes on Conax, most other keys are entered using the reciver memory.

If you go the Dragon way you will also require a programmer I have gone for the Dynamite it works well with Dragon and also programmes most of the other cards as well. you will pay about £85 for a cam including loader card and about £45 for the programmer.
Once you have a cam and programmer I or someone on the forum will give you help to get you up and watching if its required.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
The dragon cam is tops at the moment, just do some reading to make sure it will work well with your receiver. It can be picky in that area.

djwild

Reaction score
Plenty of sites for updates, available now for around 50 quid, Cas2 Interface 55quid, Titanium card (for C***x) most other encryptions inc. in the MR file.plenty of films / mature content.

whizzwilly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600 IP, 1m dish, 0.3 lnb, 36v Jaegar H-H mount, Dragon Cam 4, dynamite programmer, Dell Dimension 8400 3Mhz 160Gb
My Location
Rochdale
Hi Lofty

I have an old laptop 486 running windows 95 that has two PCMCIA slots. Can i use this to program the dragon CAM or indeed any other CAM?

Thanks

loftyj said:
Hi whizzwilly

Dragon cam is the only one I have ever used so am biased, as far as I know it opens all the channels that any other cam opens. one disadvantage is that it normaly takes a couple of days longer than some of the other cams if there are key changes on Conax, most other keys are entered using the reciver memory.

If you go the Dragon way you will also require a programmer I have gone for the Dynamite it works well with Dragon and also programmes most of the other cards as well. you will pay about £85 for a cam including loader card and about £45 for the programmer.
Once you have a cam and programmer I or someone on the forum will give you help to get you up and watching if its required.

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi whizzwilly

Sorry for delay in comming back I know a young lady at the local hospital who informes me that will have to be removed, sticks needles in me, gets out her knife and pinches another bit of my face ( says I am to good looking) and orders me to bed for a couple of days.
Haveing said all that I am unable to help you as my knowlage of computers is limited to how you switch them on. My dynamite plug in to a USB port, but there is also a serial port.
I Quote from booklet that came with it
Dynamite is connected and power supplied by a PC through a USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 compatible port. To use the ISO mode an additiional serial-cable must be connected to the PC.
Hopes this helps so that you can work out if you can connect to your laptop

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well I use an Xtreme PVR which has a great embedded cam....tried an MR, but have to say using a fun6 is the best for me!