What Can I do with my spare Cam?

M

minataur

I have aquired a spare cam for itvdigital, and I was wondering if there was any use for it such as using it in a normal digital reciever.I heared that itv use the seca encryption. Is this possible?
Thanx in advance.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The encryption system used by ITV-Digital is called Mediaguard, developed and licensed by the consortium "Societe Europeene de Controle D'Acces" (S.E.C.A.).
Several satellite providers also use that same Mediaguard encryption system. They include almost all of the various incarnations of Canal+ across Europe (they being the major partner in said consortium) as well as Orbit, Stream, and others.

I can see no reason that the CAM supplied by ITV-Digital should not be usable for reception of Mediaguard-encrypted satellite broadcasts.

Anyone else out there actually tested that...?

2old

N

nephilim

I know this may be in the wrong forum but it vaguely relates to the thread.

Would it be possible with a digital satelite reciever with a cam capable of recieving seca transmissions and suitable card with keys, to decrypt ITV D****** signals.

ITV D****** is recieved through an aerial and not a satellite so would enter the reciever through the RF socket not the LNB in socket.
Are satellite recievers restricted to only decrypting signals recieved through the LNB or not?

Has anyone has tried and suceeded/failed??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not possible, not compatible signal types.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Nephilim
please read the board rules!
You posted off topic. Even if your question was related to the forum subject matter, it certainly wasn't relevant to this thread. New subjects/questions in new threads please.
2old

Back to the original poster's question...
...who can verify that an ITV Digital Mediaguard CAM works for decryption of satellite signals from (eg) Canal+...?

T

Twisted PR

Minataur, you could always sell it to someone with an IDTV, but no CAM - like me! Mail me if interested m8. :)