What can I vies with Lidl Portable Satellite Receiver

ganspn5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
broadband
Is anyone bought this Portable Satellite Receiver set it up and happy with the reception?
icon5.gif

Thanks

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
ganspn5 said:
Is anyone bought this Portable Satellite Receiver set it up and happy with the reception?
Thanks

Yes, it works fine, but I have to say with a satellite beeper.

You will find this difficult, if not impossible, to set up without one - as Katie has found.

The digital signal takes a short time to lock and you need to tweek it to get the best signal.

If you're going to use it for travelling (it's intended purpose) then it's an essential item - available for around a tenner.

ganspn5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
broadband
Thanks for the reply.

will I be able to see English speaking channels here in London ? and also in Spain (Valencia) were I have top floor flat? and if yes where can I find out the list of free view channels?
Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From London you will be able to view the FTA channels on Astra 28.2E http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

You will not be able to view most of these with that size of dish in Valencia though, probably better to look at Hotbird 13E or Astra 19.2.

ganspn5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
broadband
rolfw said:
From London you will be able to view the FTA channels on Astra 28.2E http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html -

You will not be able to view most of these with that size of dish in Valencia though, probably better to look at Hotbird 13E or Astra 19.2.
-

Sorry but I am new all this ,what is FTA? and will I be able to see all the channels that in this link??

What do you mean by "to look at Hotbird 13E or Astra 19.2"
systems with larger size dish?

Sorry about the daft questions

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
ganspn5 said:
what is FTA

On Astra 28.2 East...
FTA = Free to Air - Channels that do not require a card - BBC, Sky News
FTV = Free to View - Need a card i.e. ITV, Channel 4

What do you mean by "to look at Hotbird 13E or Astra 19.2"
systems with larger size dish?

The size of dish will determine the amount of signal you receive - generally the bigger the better.

As Hotbird 13E and Astra 19.2E use very powerful satellites they are easiest to receive.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
ganspn5 said:
Sorry but I am new all this ,what is FTA? and will I be able to see all the channels that in this link??

this link will show you all the "FTA - free to air" channels you can see with your dish pointed at 28.2E _http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/SkyFTA.htm -cts