Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
Hi guys, ive first found out about dreambox's a few days ago and ive read up as much as i can on this forum and others but obviously some of the info is hard to find and ive got just a few questions hopefully you can help clarify them for me.

What i know is that the possibilities with the dreambox is possibly endless.
From what i understand, I could put my legitimate skyuk card in a dreambox and for example a relative of mine in italy if he had a dreambox and put his legitimate sky italia card in his box then we could "cardshare" this over the net and both of us acess eachothers sky packages. Is this a correct assumption?

Also im guessing it is not possible for me to copy or clone my card or save the settings on the box for example so it can be accessed without the card inserted for example if there was no internet connection im guessing it would not be possible to do this as it would be too easy? or am i wrong.

One thing im confused about is "keys" im guessing that key files are used to decyrpt encrypted channels? This is the thing im most confused on i think. For example on various websites ive seen for example predator key files? what do they actualy do and what channels do that actualy decrpt as i cannot find any info on this? if any. As id like decypted hotbird channels to be specific. Possibe example being rai uno which is encrypted to overseas viewers at certain times for football matches etc, i doubt this is possible but ill ask if it is anyway ?

Hope you dont bite my head off too quick as ive made an effort to readup lots of information but im sure yourl agree its not exactly plain sailing for a beginner.

Just want to clear a few things up as it can be quite a costly startup.
Many thanks,

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

1. sky cards/ share = yes
2. clone cards = no
3. If you must have specific channels buy a proper sub card because today's open channel = tomorrow's black screen
(tomorrows or tomorrow's?). Nobody can predict what will be open when the football season starts (possibly very little).

Keys are used by the emu (software that emulates a cam) to decrypt a channel. Predator is not a Dreambox "thing".

I hope that makes sense. Much of it becomes clearer when you own a Dreambox and are forced to learn how to do things for yourself :)

its not exactly plain sailing for a beginner.

My introduction to satellite TV was a Dreambox. Before that - nothing, ever.

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
hi thanks for your reply pretty much sums up all my questions. I was aware predator was not a dreambox thing however how can you tell what it actualy decrypts? or cant you till you try it? Think Tomorrow's. Do you mind me asking how your actualy using your dreambox and how its setup etc and what your using it for?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The only way to know what is open is to try it and when it goes black update keys and check on forums what is open. Not sure what you mean by how it is setup/ use it? It is setup as shown in The Guide :)

The main reason I use it is because I get sod all terrestrial reception where I live so anything on top of FTA is a bonus.

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
I've only had my Dreambox for a couple of months, but it is one of the best buys I've ever made - so go ahead; you won't regret it.

One thing I can promise you is that it will not only read and decrypt Sky cards, but using CCcam it will keep them alive (which the Dragon/TRex cam can't do) and it will tell you the hibernation date (i.e. when it will stop working if it doesn't get the update signal) which not even a Sky box will do!

As for the other matters, as mkhu has said, nothing can be relied on; if you must have something get a proper card. I can't really say any more as although I admit to playing around to see what can be done, I have legitimate cards for what I watch regularly.

Also, if you have a dish with LNBs pointed at Astra 1 and Hotbird, you'll get hundreds of FTA channels, and, as I'm sure you know, there are close on 200 FTA channels on Astra 2.

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
Edit: Nvm ive worked it out now, Thanks for your reply very helpfull i may very well get one soon.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s 40gb hard disk, sky + sky digi box, comgag sl65 *2 twinhan pci sat card. 2* sky digi boxes each with quad lnb's 1M televes dish superjack dg120 motor. dreambox and 4 pc's all networked running vlc from dreambox. Some pc's wireless.hita
My Location
abertillery area gwent south wales
Billnot,

Would i be right in saying that ccam will keep a sky card alive after it is taken out of my dreambox ? I have had success using sky card in dreambox using newcs and evocamd i think it was, but as soon as i remove sky card channels get encrypted again. so theoretically i can use sky card in two boxes the same time with ccam ?

Alun

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
It needs to stay a Dreambox to stay alive. Run cccam on two Dreamboxes and it'll work as you suggest.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s 40gb hard disk, sky + sky digi box, comgag sl65 *2 twinhan pci sat card. 2* sky digi boxes each with quad lnb's 1M televes dish superjack dg120 motor. dreambox and 4 pc's all networked running vlc from dreambox. Some pc's wireless.hita
My Location
I wanted to be able to keep sky car alive, is there any way of reading sky card on my pc ? I also have satellite card in my pc. is it possible to read the card that is in my dreambox and use this for decrypting channels on my twinhan sat card in my pc ?

Alun

billnot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
To be kept alive, a Sky card must receive (by satellite) an update signal before its "expiry" date. It is then given a new date about 6 weeks ahead. So if it doesn't receive the signal in that time, it goes into hibernation and won't work. This isn't fatal, as when it is put back in the box it will get a wake up signal within 48 hours.

As far as I know, the ONLY device apart from a Sky box which can keep a Sky card awake is a Dreambox using CCcam. The Dragon /TRex cam can read the card, and therefore decrypt channels, but it can't pass on the keep alive signals.

You can share a Sky card between two Dreamboxes using CCcam, but I don't think you can include the PC in that. Mind you, what I do is to use the DB web interface on the PC and view that way using VLC (I'm doing that as I type! It works a treat.

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
billnot, what are you using to interrogate the card? I'd like this ;)

billnot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
billnot,

what i was getting at was not to keep the card alive for the six week period, but when i remove the card from the dreambox is there any way of it keeping the satellite signal alive on dreambox with the card removed. any emu that can do this.

alun

billnot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
handsomejackuk said:
billnot,

what i was getting at was not to keep the card alive for the six week period, but when i remove the card from the dreambox is there any way of it keeping the satellite signal alive on dreambox with the card removed. any emu that can do this.

alun

In a word, no - at least, not that I know of.

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
alun that was one of my questions too but i thought it would be "too easy" to get away with something like that.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
bigfish1 said:
alun that was one of my questions too but i thought it would be "too easy" to get away with something like that.
That's correct all the world and their grannies would be doing it..... so no there is absolutely no way. Despite being able to use a Dragon/Trex combo or the CCam option with a Dreambox and a legit card the encryption is otherwise completely secure.

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
hi again, Ive seen a dreambox 500s for £99 on a certain website. Would this be a good box to start with. Obiviously it doesnt have the advance features that i would like to use like pvr and twin feed but im thinking it might be good and cheap to start with as i may buy a few and share my legitimate sky subscription around the house? Im guessing its also possible to use diseqc and connect my hotbird dish and sky dish and have all the channels on 1 reciever? and also use keys on hotbird. Also im assuming its possible to record programs over the lan to a computer and playit back etc in that way, Would it be possible to record a hotbird channel for isntance over lan while watching a sky channel? or is this not possible with the 500s(would i need a twin feed box).

Advice appretiated again,

Thx

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You can only watch what you are recording. Some 500s on fleabay are Chinese clones.

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
its off alsat website not ebay. that legit? Also is it possible to get sky italia via keys without sharing?

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
I have a DM500 not going to put you off but finding someone who will actually help you setup c*rd sharing is going to be hard.. i didnt find anyone on this for helpful on the subject....

This isnt because theyre lazy and tight, its basikaly ILLEGAL on all land all over the world..

There is however a few forums dedicated to it.. ive not had chance to set it up myself on my TM... but ive read allot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.