What Channels?

jpgreenwood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
NE ENGLAND
NEWBIE...I am undecided as to whether to go for a motorised or non-motorised satellite system. I really want premiership footy but I am not sure what other stuff I would be able to recieve with either one of these systems. (music,films,smutt etc). I know that I would need an ART card but could someone please put down in a nutshell what the extra cost of a motorised system would actually get me. Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A motorised system is probably only about £60 more than a single sat system, really very difficult to find reasons not to go for one.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
well you mention that you want Football, OK there is lots of it on 13e but say you fancy a game thats advertised on 16e or 42e?? you will feel a little limited.
its the same story for Music and mature content.

Wider range of satellites = wider range of choice/channels

jpgreenwood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
NE ENGLAND
The price difference is non motorised=£220 supplied & fitted, motorised=£400 s&f. Both supply Technomate 1500ci+ and 80cm dish. What I want to know is , what do I get for my extra £180 outlay besides more sport/football?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You could , if you look around get a motorised setup for about the 220 you were quoted using the technomate as a reciever. Most of the extra you were quoted is for a motorised install which some dealers hate to do. Save the money an install it yourself. We have yet to fail to successfully talk someone through a motorised setup here :D

L.:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
jpgreenwood said:
The price difference is non motorised=£220 supplied & fitted, motorised=£400 s&f. Both supply Technomate 1500ci+ and 80cm dish. What I want to know is , what do I get for my extra £180 outlay besides more sport/football?

As Lancelot says above, most of the difference in price is the installation element and this is something you can do yourself.

With regard to your last question, "what do I get for my extra £180 outlay besides more sport/football?" probably not much if you are not particularly interested in films , adult or international channels, but also the extra sport/football you will be able to receive will be much more varied.

I'm not going to try and persuade anyone to go for a motorised system by listing what is available at the moment, as this could well change at any time. If you need convincing, then you are probably better going for the cheap option.

jpgreenwood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
NE ENGLAND
I would like some other entertainment ther than sport so I can justify the cost to the missus. (she will want to watch something on it.) Can I get movies with the dish set up to where I recieve sport from the ART card?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can at the moment if the receiver is patched, but may not be able to in the next month or so if rumours are correct and TPS update their encryption.