What ci card[s] to recieve most enlgish channels on Goldmaster 9400CI in Turkey?

Messages
4
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Samsung?? [So it says on th box, but the manufacturer I think is turkish.]
Goldmaster 9400VCI
With two satellite dishes [there is a third buildding communal one which the installer said I could not use].
My Location
Turkey/England
#1
In Turkey [Kusadasi] I have a Goldmaster 9400CI connected to two dishes. Presently receives many channels, including about 30 english through internal [ibm - via chip?] but am told this will only work for a limited period and when I got back to England I would need to buy ci cards for it to take when I go back to Turkey later this year. All the instructions are of course in Turkish [beyond my hello, thankyou and two beers please level]; however the box it came in claimed it as Samsung and in my naivete I thought when I got back to England I could find all the information I needed in english on the Samsung web site; however it appears it is actually manufactured in Turkey and the only limited information on it I can find on the web is in Turkish.

Does anybody know anything about this box and what cards I will need to buy; wishing to recieve as many English channels as possible; a few adult, any language, would be added bonus.


Kwaw
 

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,554
Likes
3,244
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#2
Hello kwaw93:-Welcome1 to the forum.

Having just done a Google search for Goldmaster 9400CI I can see that there is a lot of unofficial support for your receiver thus the emulator could probably either be updated or new keys inserted via the remote but as I do not understand Turkish either the same problem exists for me. There are some Turkish speaking members who may be able to help you when they next visit.
 

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Messages
252
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
#3
kwaw93 said:
In Turkey [Kusadasi] I have a Goldmaster 9400CI connected to two dishes. Presently receives many channels, including about 30 english through internal [ibm - via chip?] but am told this will only work for a limited period and when I got back to England I would need to buy ci cards for it to take when I go back to Turkey later this year. All the instructions are of course in Turkish [beyond my hello, thankyou and two beers please level]; however the box it came in claimed it as Samsung and in my naivete I thought when I got back to England I could find all the information I needed in english on the Samsung web site; however it appears it is actually manufactured in Turkey and the only limited information on it I can find on the web is in Turkish.

Does anybody know anything about this box and what cards I will need to buy; wishing to recieve as many English channels as possible; a few adult, any language, would be added bonus.

Kwaw
Hi, I also live in Turkey, about 50 miles north of you, and have a Goldmaster, although different model, a 7400. Both these receivers have Kaon mother boards (Edit: correction, only the 7400 has a Kaon board, but for your purposes it doesn't matter) and you can download system image files, which emulate the decryption algorithms used by cards, from various web sites to your computer and then transfer them to your receiver - thereby doing away with the need for decryption cards. I'll write more if interested. I have two dishes, one for Hotbird - which you can continue using when you go to the UK, and the other for Turksat.
Which satellites are you using?
 
Messages
4
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Samsung?? [So it says on th box, but the manufacturer I think is turkish.]
Goldmaster 9400VCI
With two satellite dishes [there is a third buildding communal one which the installer said I could not use].
My Location
Turkey/England
#4
Artist 2004 said:
Hi, I also live in Turkey, about 50 miles north of you, and have a Goldmaster, although different model, a 7400. Both these receivers have Kaon mother boards and you can download system image files, which emulate the decryption algorithms used by cards, from various web sites to your computer and then transfer them to your receiver - thereby doing away with the need for decryption cards. I'll write more if interested. I have two dishes, one for Hotbird - which you can continue using when you go to the UK, and the other for Turksat.
Which satellites are you using?
Hi and thanks. Yes, as a newbie I would be very interested for more info, eg equiptment required, procedural steps, web sites and/or any information you are willing and have time to share. Connected to two dishes, Hotbird and Hispasat [plus unconnected 2 dishes that are communal to building, not sure what satellites].
 
Messages
4
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Samsung?? [So it says on th box, but the manufacturer I think is turkish.]
Goldmaster 9400VCI
With two satellite dishes [there is a third buildding communal one which the installer said I could not use].
My Location
Turkey/England
#5
toppervte33h said:
Hello kwaw93:-Welcome1 to the forum.

Having just done a Google search for Goldmaster 9400CI I can see that there is a lot of unofficial support for your receiver thus the emulator could probably either be updated or new keys inserted via the remote but as I do not understand Turkish either the same problem exists for me. There are some Turkish speaking members who may be able to help you when they next visit.
Thanks for welcome!
 

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Messages
252
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
#6
kwaw93 said:
Hi and thanks. Yes, as a newbie I would be very interested for more info, eg equiptment required, procedural steps, web sites and/or any information you are willing and have time to share. Connected to two dishes, Hotbird and Hispasat [plus unconnected 2 dishes that are communal to building, not sure what satellites].
The equipment required is one cable called a "null modem" cable which is often available at computer shops here, but if not I'll send a specification so that someone can make one up for you. It's used to connect your Goldmaster to your computer. Sorry I'm in a rush right now, I'll give you step by step details soon.
 

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Messages
252
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
#7
Good news and bad! By coincidence a friend turned up at my house today with a Goldmaster 9400 CI under his arm
and asked me to show him how to find and load software, keys etc. We found the various
files and went through the process but when we tried to transfer the files to his receiver
nothing happened. So we're 90% there, but a little more research is needed to find out what
we're doing wrong. Below is the general method, and where to look for files. If you try it
out for yourself perhaps you could let me know your results.
The aim is to be able to decrypt encrypted channels in your receiver's software instead of
installing electronic cards and chip cards. To do this you need to replace the original
software with emulation software (EMU for short). You enter keys (long strings of letters and
numbers used in the decryption process), using your receiver's remote controller.
Fortunately, the kind souls who write the EMUs also enter the latest keys into them, so you
don't have to.
You need:
1. A "null modem" cable to connect a serial port on your computer to the serial port
on your Goldmaster receiver. For full specification see www.nullmodem.com
2. A loader program on your PC to transfer the file you get from internet to your
receiver.
3. The image file that you want to load into your receiver.
If your image file isn't bang up to date you may need to update a few of the keys which may
have changed mean time. So you'll also need......
4. A text file listing the latest keys, which you use to update the image file
manually.
Where to get them:
Image file: www.uydukurdu.com/showthread.php?t=9683
Hunt for the file name that includes your exact model number. It'll be a compressed file,
either ZIP or RAR so you'll need WinZIP or WinRAR to decompress them. In the files I looked
at they also included the loader program, named yukleme.exe and the instructions in
Turkish. A Turkish friend told me that they looked to be identical to mine, see below. The
image file has the extension .TFD
Other download sites are:
http://www.files-sat.com This is well organised. Click on the link "Public Downlads" then
on "Receiver software" - you'll find all the different receiver types. Loading instructions
are also included but in Turkish.
www.fookfiles.com/
www.intirnet.net/upload/index.php aka http://www.mavitunasat.com/
www.amerikantv.com/
www.tnt2.shows.it/
Most of these sites also include key files, in .txt form - but lets get the file transfer
sorted out first!
You can disconnect the aerial and TV connections if you need to take the receiver to your
computer.
With mine, I connect the cable with receiver switched off. (The 9400 hasn't got an on/off
button so we pulled the plug from the wall socket). I start the loader program and specify
which image file I want to load, then I switch the receiver on. The loader detects the
receiver and the rest is automatic.
The first few times that I did it, I connected a TV to the receiver so that I could see
what was happening, but you don't need to. The receiver's front panel displays progress.

Warning: it's illegal to watch pay channels without paying, so this discussion is only for intellectual exercise purposes. After achieving success we unload the software and don't watch any programmes. (Yeah, right....)
 
Messages
4
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Samsung?? [So it says on th box, but the manufacturer I think is turkish.]
Goldmaster 9400VCI
With two satellite dishes [there is a third buildding communal one which the installer said I could not use].
My Location
Turkey/England
#8
Thanks Artist 2004! Looking forward to the exercise when i return to turkey later this year, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope you sort out the 10% problem for your friend [let us know if you find the problem].

tesekur ederim
Kwaw
 

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Messages
252
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
#9
Bir sey degil!

Kwaw, I'm keen to learn of your experiences with Hispasat and Hotbird in Turkey. I've opened a new thread for this and hope you can spare a moment...:

/receivers and systems / fringe reception general
 
Top