what digi box would you buy?

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
Blue Zeta cam funcard 2. Cas 2 interface with add-on
My Location
UK
I'm looking at buying a digi box with a motorised dish. Just after advice on what set up to have i.e what size dish, what box, what cam and card and how much this would cost. I already have a CA2 programmer for a digibox I have abroard but I want to set up a system in Engalnd. With a motorised dish and a chipped card is there enough channels in English out there to compete with sky. i.e documentary, sports, entertainment, music. Are there channels on other satellites which are also on sky which can be hacked.

I'm looking at £500 to spend is this enough. Over the long term I will get the benefit of the initial outlay as I won't be paying £40 a month for sky, so I will get my money back over a 12 month period.

Thanks,

Darren.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Minimum dish size for a reasonable selection of satellites in Europe - 80cm.

Theres a reasonable selection of channels carrying English soundtracks, BUT nothing like the entertainment selection found on the Sky package. Be advised that many of the pay tv services that are currently compromised are expected to go secure this year, and that your expensive toys might be just so much junk a week after you have them working!

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
Blue Zeta cam funcard 2. Cas 2 interface with add-on
My Location
UK
Thanks for that. Might start up sky again ready for the new season.

Analoguesat said:
Minimum dish size for a reasonable selection of satellites in Europe - 80cm.

Theres a reasonable selection of channels carrying English soundtracks, BUT nothing like the entertainment selection found on the Sky package. Be advised that many of the pay tv services that are currently compromised are expected to go secure this year, and that your expensive toys might be just so much junk a week after you have them working!