Reaction score
Website
www.delamare.gg
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-1500CI+ and
Technisat SkyStar 2 USB HD and
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
TriAx 80cm Dish driven by a Darksat Motor.
Inverto 0.2db Silver Tech lnb.
My Location
Guernsey
Please can someone help me. I have been trying for a few days to set up my digital satellite properly but i still have a small issue!

I am using a Moteck sg2100 and an 80cm dish with a ICE digital receiver.

I can now receive all satellites between Turksat 1c/Eurasiasat 1 (42 degs east) to Hispasat 1C & 1 D (30 degs west) which is all i want.

The problem is that when i go to 30 degs west i cannot get all channels. 11731 H is OK for example but 11615 H does not work.

I know i can receive 11615 H as i have received it before when i have tried previous setups (ended up receiving West sats but not east. Arc problem i think) I don't want to mess around with it anymore (until i get some guidance) as i will probably end up screwing everything else up !

Any suggestions on what i need to tweak would be gratefully received. There are a few channels on other satellites which i can't receive which according to Lyngsat i should be able to so i assume that by fixing the above issue this will be resolved too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
If your receiver allows you to edit sat position (degrees), change the 30deg to up and down by a fraction of a degree and see if that improves signal. If that does not work you will need to do dish up/down adjustment, but that is a long process as the arc will change.

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
Whether changing the parameters can help?I think Physical alignment of dish/LNB to be changed a little bit eventhough it is difficult.

Terrydlm

Learning Fast !
Reaction score
Website
www.delamare.gg
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-1500CI+ and
Technisat SkyStar 2 USB HD and
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
TriAx 80cm Dish driven by a Darksat Motor.
Inverto 0.2db Silver Tech lnb.
My Location
Guernsey
har_3100 said:
Whether changing the parameters can help?I think Physical alignment of dish/LNB to be changed a little bit eventhough it is difficult.

Thanks PCD & Har_3100.

I think you have confirmed what i did not want to hear ! The arc is still not quite right. If i move the dish up & down i start to loose other satellites like Hellas and other satellites that far east. This is all getting very frustrating as everything appears to be set up correctly. Oh well i'm stubborn and i won't give in !

I have also ordered a 0.3 db lnb last night which might help my cause.