What do i need

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-May-02 AT 07:03 PM (GMT)]Heres 1 for the Sat installers/been mooching around the C belt (as you do) and been getting signals from diff sats ,other than the main stream(ie What Sat listings) Now getting a good signal from a few of em ,but freq range is a low number
ie: 3434 or simular, My uni LNB/CM 120cm STRONG 4375 dont wont too know this freq range,I summise i need a diff lnb (ku band or simular) is my reciever compatable, is there much to get,what Lnb do i require,
and is it all worth it. DAVE.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Dave, I've had little to do with C band as I've never been in a position to erect a big enough dish for good reception and never been asked to do one for anyone else. You will need a C band LNB for proper reception and I'm not sure whether the Strong is capable, but it will say in the instructions.

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Rolf the manual on the Strong is Shite. but experimenting with the menu and settings ive found U-LNB 1.2.3.then a 0 when set on 0
a box with 22k changes to no 22k. it has a 13/18 setting it also has a skew setting . DAVE.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-May-02 AT 08:24 PM (GMT)]that's only the universal LNB toggle, it switches off the 22Khz tone switch, this is the switch for the upper range on the Universal LNB. CH and 2old are the guys that have probaly seen and used the receiver, so hopefully they will be able to fully answer the question, as far as I know the only difference between the Ku and the C band LNB is the Local oscillator frequency, so any good receiver should work with C band LNB.

The biggest factor with C band is that it normally requires a large dish, so it may be that you will struggle to pull in a decent signal.

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
A couple of sats i was tuneing in were Ok on my signal strength BAR.
it was just the Frequencys that were not available ie: i was able to tune the TP`s but not the channels. I think the sats were NSS 703 57E
AND Europe Star 45e But i could b wrong as i tried over 20 sats and as useual never wrote anything down.Also need to know if anythings
worth watching on these or diff ku band sats,as nothing written about there contents.or am i better spending money elsewhere,

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Last time I looked at 45 east it was data and feeds only, have a look at the C-band info on Lyngsat.

Rolf

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
The only c band channels which you will recieve on a 1.2 mtr dish are very weak C band signals from 26.0 east, 11 west, and 40.5 west.

I have both a 1.8 and a 3.7 mtr equipped with C Ku band
they both use Astrotel commercial specification Feedhorn and PLL LNB.

Astrotel (London)can supply a LNB (5.150 is the local oscillator typically check your reciever!) and a feed horn for around the £100 mark.

But if you follow my advice I would say do not bother you really need at least a 1.8mtr to see any thing worth watching.

Please ensure that you check the listings prior to spending the money

And if you want to have some fun and really see the world Including channels from the US such as TBS Super station USA Network etc.
Then you need at least a 3.0 mtr.

Old satellite

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Thanks for reply OLD SAT: Somehow i dont see me getting a 3metre dish
on my garage roof (poles wide enough) but i`m afraid the dragon will kill me before she leaves (lack of light getting through to garden)
well i`ll have to think of other ways to spend my hard earned. DAVE.