What do you do when you get a letter?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
A staggering 88% of letters and emails (not spam) sent out that warrant a reply, don't get one.

These include job applications, fan letters, general letters of enquiries, requests for help, etc, etc.

When I was on the dole in the 1980s, I remember sending out something like 50 letters per day, at the job club's costs and never ever getting a reply. That's 250 letters per week, and I was there three weeks. A total of around 750 letters which did not get a reply.

I myself always reply to letters. :) The ones where the letter writer expects a reply, at least.

My question is, are you guilty ( :eek: ) of not replying? :D And which type of letters? And please, we know you all reply to your fan letters! :D :D. I do. :D

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Saturlight said:
A staggering 88% of letters and emails (not spam) sent out that warrant a reply, don't get one.

These include job applications, fan letters, general letters of enquiries, requests for help, etc, etc.

When I was on the dole in the 1980s, I remember sending out something like 50 letters per day, at the job club's costs and never ever getting a reply. That's 250 letters per week, and I was there three weeks. A total of around 750 letters which did not get a reply.

I myself always reply to letters. :) The ones where the letter writer expects a reply, at least.

My question is, are you guilty ( :eek: ) of not replying? :D And which type of letters? And please, we know you all reply to your fan letters! :D :D. I do. :D

Just keep posting on here m8, fan letters my arse!!, junk mail mostly, i,ve asked my postman to put it straight into the recycle box, cut out the middle man !!!!!!

deep joy dave'O'-red 'O'-red 'O'-red

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I do get fan letters honestly. Seriously. I'm an author. Mostly old women, though. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I never get any letters that warrant a reply that don't require a cheque sent with it... :(

Oh well, saves on pens.... :D

digdog

Reaction score
My Location
Doghouse
Best way of stopping junk mail and saving a few forests is to register with MPS- the Mail Preference Service - it is free and takes 3-4 weeks to kick in

I have also registered with TPS - Telephone Preference Service -and this cuts out the hard sell phone calls from Double Glazing Companies etc which usually come through at teatime or some other inappropriate moment...
;) :) ;)