What do you do with your dish?

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Hey,

My fine dish is proving enjoyable, tele-visual wise. Although I would love to be able to achieve high internet speeds, I cannot for now. So Is it possible to send anything back, to anyone/thing, via a satellite system?

What other electrically related gizmos and gadgetry can you plug a dish into and for what reason would you want to?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
to transmit via satellite you need (a) a licence and (:cool: a transmitting LNB (significantly larger and more expensice than the one you've got now...). If you sign up for a 2-way satellite internet connection, you are obviously covered re. licence but you still need to pay for the LNB and also a converter box to relay the internet traffic.

Re. other uses, it makes a very good party wok or a very poor frisbee. If you melt it down it could theoretically be recast as a scale model of my dog. If you've got the fibre-glass variety you could probably row it to Ireland.

2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not to forget an Olympic size electrically heated bird bath for the winter months, solid dishes only may apply.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A visual location device of the town, as a friend of mine once realised after he was trying to find his town when circling to land at Heathrow

Ive painted the panels since

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
If you like barbies.... you could stick a flame under it and knock up a stir-fry. Bit difficult if it's on the roof though.

Jimbo ;)

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Whhhaaayy,

TV then...cool. The answer i was looking for was. To start with (once born), a 1cm dish cut into the ear lobe, (picks up radio 1), when I'm ten a sky dish, simply because I've come of age. When I get to fifteen elders consider a channel master fitting, if I can perform these tasks.

1. Prog a card
2. Pick up ppv films and mature content.
3. Learn Italian/English

A warrior is born and he is taken to a tent. His 1.5m dish is removed and many children swing in his hanging ear lobe laughing gleafully.

'Son your path is long and hard, go get a licence you goof'

Oi 'and bring back a pack of fish fingers for dinner...not those cheap ones with the skin on the bottom either'

:p

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like someone's been licking the old Lysergic Acid paper again. ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ooh ooh oo-ooh, can you feel the force?

Can you feel it?

Great song, buy does that take me back :)

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Pullet that was brilliant,what more can i say.

regards mikeey