What do you recommend? For good reception in Normandy France?

Hello again,

I have had it with my decoder and inherited satellite dish. I am desperate to get all the bbc channels over here in Normandy France. What is a good satellite dish and digital receiver to buy? Is a motorised dish better? There are a number of offer from DIY shops (at about 289 euros) with all inclusive motorised dishes. Are they any good?

Thank you again!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
BBC in Normandy should be no problem whatsoever, a 70cm dish should be perfectly adequate, so any motorised system with a dish of that size or larger will be fine.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The 'UK' BBC channels are all on 28.2E (including all the regional variations), so if that's all you want, then there is no need to go to the expense of a motorised setup. BBC Prime is a re-hash of BBC programmes broadcast from other sats and aimed at English speaking folks throughout the rest of Europe (not available in the UK) but no new material (AFAIK).

A standard digibox will get them for you, even without a card. :)