What do you recommend for recieving Premiership Football?

Messages
7
Likes
0
#1
I am new to this whole technology and was thinking of buying a dish and reciever and card for the specific purpose of watching Premiership Football. I can get the frequencies @ http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/ and was wondering if somebody could recommend a package for me that would be useful for me.

Thanks in advance.
Robbielove
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#2
robbielove said:
I am new to this whole technology and was thinking of buying a dish and reciever and card for the specific purpose of watching Premiership Football. I can get the frequencies @ http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/ and was wondering if somebody could recommend a package for me that would be useful for me.

Thanks in advance.
Robbielove
Well, depending on where you are, the best coverage you can buy is a S*Y setup and subscription!

Other than that, you can get Multivision 8 and TPeeS Star on 13E for nothing more than a bit of dodgy software.

Canal + on 1W is also a winner at the moment.

For more reliable viewing, you can't beat the ART subscription at well under £100 for six months.

Let us know where you are and what sort/size of dish and receiver etc. you're planning on, and we can do a better job of advising you.

STICK
 

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Mod
Messages
1,729
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
#3
Best coverage on a Saturday afternoon without a doubt is the French TPS channels.
 
Messages
7
Likes
0
#4
Well, im based in the north-west of ireland. I have no idea of what i should be looking to buy. I was looking at the Dreambox, but im awfully confused. Does that allow you to look at all the encoded channels for all the foreign stations for nothing if you get the right image?
 

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Mod
Messages
1,729
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
#5
Well Sat TV and dishes an stuff here is the hobby although PC is now well in the frame and becoming very popular, you will no doubt speak to members whom are experts on PC and sat systems.......there are many ways to view foriegn channels just keep reading the posts...WR
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#6
robbielove said:
Well, im based in the north-west of ireland. I have no idea of what i should be looking to buy. I was looking at the Dreambox, but im awfully confused. Does that allow you to look at all the encoded channels for all the foreign stations for nothing if you get the right image?
I'd say that the Dreambox is probably not suitable for the beginner.

I actually think that the PC card is the best introduction, and then move on to an STB when you have it licked.

Read through the PC card section here, and see what you think.
 

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Mod
Messages
1,729
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
#7
Yes Sat top boxes are far more easier to get going with......I still get confused with XP!
 
Messages
7
Likes
0
#8
I am in the middle of my degree in computing and i think i can kind of figure out where the Dreambox is going. Well maybe!!! Thanks for the imput guys. Keep the suggestions coming.
 

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Mod
Messages
1,729
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
#9
robbielove said:
I am in the middle of my degree in computing and i think i can kind of figure out where the Dreambox is going. Well maybe!!! Thanks for the imput guys. Keep the suggestions coming.
Well the advantages of a decent sat system is that you can surf the web whilst viewing whatever! :D ......given the choice it has to be a top box everytime Robbie....WR
 
Messages
7
Likes
0
#10
Is it possible to view the encoded channels without paying?!? Robbielove=student=cheapskate!!! If so, how would i go about this, if using a normal set top box?
 

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Mod
Messages
1,729
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
#11
robbielove said:
Is it possible to view the encoded channels without paying?!? Robbielove=student=cheapskate!!! If so, how would i go about this, if using a normal set top box?
Yes but it is illegal!
 
Messages
5
Likes
0
#12
robbielove said:
Well, im based in the north-west of ireland. I have no idea of what i should be looking to buy. I was looking at the Dreambox, but im awfully confused. Does that allow you to look at all the encoded channels for all the foreign stations for nothing if you get the right image?
i live in co clare and i have just set up my system for premiership football and ur right it is very confusing figuring out what to buy and how to go about it if u want i can recommend a simple system for the prem footy and can source the set up u need instead of paying inflated price to official sat dealer who will sell u expensive equipment u dont necessarily need
 
Top