What does the dish see?

R

Roadster99

My Location
North East England
Hi, I have to put my dish on a North facing wall and I only want to put it high enough for it to "see" the satellites over the roof apex. The shorter the pole the better. My question is:- Is it only the top half of the dish that reflects the signal onto the LNB and therefore only the top half of the dish that needs to "See" the satellites?

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The whole of the dish face needs to see the satellite I'm afraid, any less will result in signal reduction..

PS. Moved this from Nobbly's big links section, please try and post in the appropriate forum.

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Roadster99 said:
Hi, I have to put my dish on a North facing wall and I only want to put it high enough for it to "see" the satellites over the roof apex. The shorter the pole the better. My question is:- Is it only the top half of the dish that reflects the signal onto the LNB and therefore only the top half of the dish that needs to "See" the satellites?
Unfortunately, no. The whole dish face collects the signal.

R

Roadster99

My Location
North East England
Sorry for the wrong forum but thanks guys for the replies. I half suspected as much but wanted to be sure..

Cheers.