What else can i pick up using fixed setup?

manikm

Reaction score
I currently have a 80cm dish with a Monoblock to get Hotbird and Astra.

I beleive i could get another satellite that lies in between 19 and 13 east - Eutelsat.

Is there a TRI-O block for 3 sat pickup?

Or do i need to go motorised for more sats now? Also whats a recommended motor setup? with what ive got? (80cm mesh dish, monoblock, and technomate 5500DACI receiver)

Thanks..

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
There are a lot of sats up there East to West....depending on your choice of viewing! but the rewards are worth spending out on a motorised dish, the minimum size though (depending on your location) should be 90cm.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is the design for a triple monoblock LNB, I've put a picture of it in another thread, unfortunately it isn't available in the UK at the moment.

chipper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5100 ci, dreambox 5620, Skystar2 pci dvb card. matrix reloaded, matrix revolution, various seca, viacess, irdeto cams. 1.2 CM with matched feedhorn on invacom 0.3 lnb 12" actuator, still on ground. 1.1 meter dish on stab 100
My Location
Belfast

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A monobloc is a one piece LNB, the double offset brackets carry lnbs, but do not solve the problem. The problem is that to place two lnbs close enough together to receive a pair of satellites 3 degrees apart is not possible if you want them to hit the centre of the dish and maintain a reasonable signal level.

meldrew

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North West
rolfw said:
A monobloc is a one piece LNB, the double offset brackets carry lnbs, but do not solve the problem. The problem is that to place two lnbs close enough together to receive a pair of satellites 3 degrees apart is not possible if you want them to hit the centre of the dish and maintain a reasonable signal level.

As there is free football on 16e the need to receive it now becomes imperative! Like many others I feel comfortable with a fixed dish setup and have frequently fallen foul of the old adage "If it a'int broke......."

I do however get very strong signals on both 13e and 19e and wonder if with a little delicate shifting of the dish I could manage to get 16e as well. There is definitely scope for an clever dish designer to get to work on this "problem"!