taffy056

Arcade Bandit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Only Sky + at the moment
My Location
Wales
Hi,

I am looking at buying a Dreambox 7000s box, and was wondering what would be the best dish and LNB conbination to go with it, I live in Swansea so I would like to pick up Russian channels on Hotbird, so would a 1 meter dish be big enough? Looking to the future I would probably like to pick up Sirius as well, would this size dish be adequte? I also need to run my digiboxes off this dish (with a seperate LN:cool:, what issues will I face by doing so? Will my digiboxes receive a signal at the same as the dreambox?

I was also wondering if by buying a better quality dish and LNB, I could reduce the size of the dish without losing signal?

Sorry for so many questions,

taffy

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
The golden rule is 'as big as you can afford / get away with'
as you will find that when you get it all set up there will always
be a transponder / channel(s) that are just out of reach.
I use a 1M where I am and get a lot from Sirius but not all.
The same applies to 1W, and there is a lot of good stuff
on there as well .;)
As for quality - yes is the answer. There are some 1.2M antennas
that will be easily out performed by a well made 95cm / 1m .
and finally the time and effort to set it up correctly will save you
lots of heartache when you are looking for satellites in the future,
dont skimp on the install , take your time and use good quality gear
cable etc.

Any questions just shout on here and someone will (usually)
come to the rescue.

:)

L

taffy056

Arcade Bandit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Only Sky + at the moment
My Location
Wales
Thanks for the answer! Just a few in response, how do I know what is a good quality dish? I know price is an indication, but some places could just be more expensive than others, I see a lot of places selling Triax and Channel Masters, are they good makes? Also I need a good quad LNB (unless I can use the one my minidish?) for my sky boxes, plus another for my dreambox, am I right in thinking the lower db LNBs are the best to go for?

Basically I would prefer to go for a dish & LNB package that allows me to have on one quad LNB sky digital, and on the other hotbird, without trying to find the right dish then the LNBs and then a bracket to fit them all together. I find a lot of stuff for astra (19.2 east) and hotbird, but nothing for sky and hotbird. Its quite frustrating! :(

taffy