What Freecam version is this?

baleslie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I am useing a freecam in a echostar 3000vip and I am unable to get the 3-1 files to work all I can get is irdeto. I have tried altering the settings in the goodies menu but they do not seem to be the same as every one elses. For a start in the main menu the common interface is shown as irdeto freecam 2 and in the goodies menu I have blocker: mode: and emu: I can only switch mode to "INT" and "GER" and the other two to on and off. Can anyone identify what version this is and how I can get this to work with the files if at all possable please help.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The version you need to work with 3-in-1 files would be FreeCAM2 v0.15 or v0.16 or 0.17. And they announce themselves as such in the CAM menu.
Name is displayed as "FreeCAM2-xxx" where xxx is 015, 016 or 017
They are the ones which offer ECM options such as Seca, via/seca, etc.
Anything else, and you need to update your CAM (just reflash it).

2old

baleslie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for the info 2old4this. I have found the flash file for freecam2 v0.17 but I am unable to find a loader is there one you wound recommend and where can I find it?. your help much appreciated.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Use the search function on this board and you'll find loads of info on the flahing process (there is more than one way of doing it) as well as links to the software.
Assuming you intend to flash from a PCMCIA socket in/attached-to your PC, then you will be looking for a program "ird106.exe".
If you want to do it using a Nokia 9600 with overflow software then you'll need a SCSI connection and the connected PC must be running Vgrabber.
2old

baleslie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for the info 2old4this, I afraid have sold my old nokia and bought a echostar 3000vip so my only alternative is to borrow one of the laptops from work. I have found the loader at long last but I am a bit worried that I might damage the cam, I am assuming but not certain that after you unzip the file you enter the name of the bin file you want to flash in the 106 log, insert the cam in slot and restart the laptop,and then execute the 106 program this will then reflash the cam. Is it as simple as this or have missed something??

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
essentially that's it, yes (assuming by "log" file you mean the "ini" file). But please read the posts I referred to. There are many potential pitfalls in the process.
2old

baleslie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
I carried out the following instructions when installing ird106 and got the program to work on a notebook computer with PCMCIA.

Instructions:
1) According to the Windows version you are using (Win95 or Win98),
copy the file "Irdeto95.inf" or "Irdeto98.inf" to the folder \WINDOWS\INF\
2) Copy the files "CiPhysical.dll" and "ird106.ini" to the folder \WINDOWS\
3) In "ird106.ini" file insert the name of firmware you wanna use (Binary=name.bin)
4) Insert Irdeto CAM inside the PCMCIA slot of your notebook and restart
the notebook. Make sure that Irdeto CAM is detected by the computer.
(a small icon with a CAM picture is normally shown in Systray)
5) Start the program "ird106.exe". The program window will be in "blue".
6) Click on "START" and observe the progress bar moving. The upgrade
takes about a minute. If everything goes OK, the program window will become
"green" at the end of upgrade.
7) If it happens that the whole process seems like stopped, don't touch it!
Eventually, it will continue all by itself.
8) If it happens that upgrade ends with "UPDATE NOK" along with background
color in "red", don't panic! Simply repeat the upgrade process beginning with step 4.
It should work from the second attempt!
Also its better if the cam is cold when flashing
Regards

M

momo737

hey guys..i checked and my cam announced itself as freecam 2 ...it doesn't say which version it is ..what does that mean? which version do i have..???????
Thanks...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It will normally say somewhere in the cam menu, but may be in one of the sub menus.

Rolf