What hapening with xxl and m.visionn and others chanels on hotbird

tihery2000

Regular Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
#1
Hi every body,
Every night between 22h30 and 00h00 i lose many chanels like ABSAT(xxl) and some TPS chanels like M.vision because their signal become very feeble that had started since 2 weeks, i lose the signal only between this time after that every come back and this hapening every night!!!!! :confused
Someone have any idea or explanation!!!!
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,521
Likes
8,255
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#2
Theres nothing wrong with the Hotbird signals. If you are suffering loss of signal, its something at your end! .
 
Messages
2
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
satellite eng
#3
there is problem with ur software put new software and sit back with relax.
and enjoy it..
 

tihery2000

Regular Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
#4
The problem is not my softwere and ti's not happen only to me but all my friends who life here, maybe because my coutry is very far that way it's visible only here, i'm use a 2,60 m dish and my signal of xxl for exemple is usely 52% but every night between 22h30 and 00h00 GMT the signal drop to 34~37% and lower 40% i can't watch anything, only the strong signals keep worked, maybe for people who life near europe feel nothing because the signal is very strong,but i repeat the problem come from satellite and not softwere or any thing else and the timing is perfect, if you watch your signal indicating's you'll see.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,521
Likes
8,255
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#5
tihery2000 said:
The problem is not my softwere and ti's not happen only to me but all my friends who life here, maybe because my coutry is very far that way it's visible only here, i'm use a 2,60 m dish and my signal of xxl for exemple is usely 52% but every night between 22h30 and 00h00 GMT the signal drop to 34~37% and lower 40% i can't watch anything, only the strong signals keep worked, maybe for people who life near europe feel nothing because the signal is very strong,but i repeat the problem come from satellite and not softwere or any thing else and the timing is perfect, if you watch your signal indicating's you'll see.
As you are having fringe reception problems, it may just be the birds dropping onto battery backup as they lose solar sail lock on the sun. Get a bigger dish.
 

tihery2000

Regular Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
#6
Analoguesat said:
As you are having fringe reception problems, it may just be the birds dropping onto battery backup as they lose solar sail lock on the sun. Get a bigger dish.
But this phenomenon had started only since 3 weeks before that every thing been stable, i had never lost signal before.
i guess it's temporary.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,521
Likes
8,255
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#7
tihery2000 said:
But this phenomenon had started only since 3 weeks before that every thing been stable, i had never lost signal before.
i guess it's temporary.
That would be about right - we are around the spring equinox - maximum eclipse time for the satellites. Give it another couple of weeks and the problem will probably disappear as the birds move out of the eclipse season.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,521
Likes
8,255
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#8
It would be interesting for you to work out if its just the channels on one satellite affected.

If my suggestion is correct, then it may be that when the bird drops onto battery backup, the power drops a fraction. Not noticable to mnost folks, but visible to you as you are in an extreme fringe reception area.
 

tihery2000

Regular Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
#9
Analoguesat said:
That would be about right - we are around the spring equinox - maximum eclipse time for the satellites. Give it another couple of weeks and the problem will probably disappear as the birds move out of the eclipse season.
Tanks, your explanation is strongly probable, i can't see anything else
i have to wait :)
 
Top