What HD satellite receivers are on the market now??

R

Rd100

I am going to buy another high def receiver in the past i have used a humax hdci2000 and pace 810xe both receiver where not very good,

So it has been a few month since i have had HD apart from Sky HD,

I see there are a few new HD receivers on the market now have any of you guys had a play with any of them if so what are your views. I have named a few HD receivers below if you can think of any more post them up,

First is the Fortec Star PASSION HD http://www.fortecstar.com/estore/storefront/default.asp?ProductID=101&CategoryID=13 fortec say it works with all cams and maplin uk will have stock in a few days

Next Arion AF-8000HD http://arion.co.kr/global/product/p...subImg=navi_on_03_01&idx=60&l_code=2&m_code=6

rage99

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD-3000IP
Infinity USB Phoenix
T-Rex Supermodule 4.6
50" Pioneer Plasma HD
My Location
West Midlands
im waiting for the pace to support the t-rex cam

R

Rd100

If its the pace 810xe like i had they are a discontinued item pace no longer make them and pace will no longer support the receiver thats its what pace tech dept told me,

The 810xe was one of the worse satellite receiver i have ever used thats why it had to go,

rage99 said:
im waiting for the pace to support the t-rex cam

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment until I find a receiver.
My Location
yookay
Humax HDCI-2000 vs Topfield TF7700

I have tried both above receivers and found:

Topfield TF7700 is the best performer. It does auto switch between 576i and 1080i over HDMI and component and even the SD channels look fantastic when you compare to Humax which upscales everything.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
good2talk said:
Humax HDCI-2000 vs Topfield TF7700

I have tried both above receivers and found:

Topfield TF7700 is the best performer. It does auto switch between 576i and 1080i over HDMI and component and even the SD channels look fantastic when you compare to Humax which upscales everything.

Is there any receiver out there that doesn't upscale?
(Come to think of it, any TV that doesn't simply upscale ?)