What is an E2 box and why should I get one?

A

Archive7

There are few things that we must bear in mind:
1 - All the channels are FTA.
With encrypted channels, especially from a CI+ subscription, I can record only one channel at a time.
I can watch other channels in the same transponders, but that seems to make the recorded channels go black.
So I don't even breathe while recording any encrypted channel these days.
2 - Recording too many FTA channels at the same time would need more resources from the receiver such as from the CPU and memory.
So theoretically it should work, but I doubt if this will work in practice for any length of time.

elsmandino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Linux Server (Running Openmediavault for OS and TVHeadend for PVR).
Internal TV Tuner Cards - Hauppauge HVR-2200 (Dual DVB-T) & Hauppauge Nova HDS2 (DVB-S2)
Server connected to multiple Raspberry Pis (running Librelec) via Gigabit Network.
My Location
Essex, England
Thanks.

I was just wondering whether I really need any additional tuners for the Solo4K, anyway.

If a quad-unicable, connected to one of the two tuners, allows the recording of of 16 channels, I really can't see me ever needing any more than this (I don't think I could realistically have any more than about six channels in use at any one time. Perhaps four recording whilst two more streaming live TV, at most.)

I might just stick quad-unicable on the motorised satellite too - seems a bit overkill for a rotor but it means that I maximise my setup for all eventualities.

A

Archive7

If a quad-unicable, connected to one of the two tuners, allows the recording of of 16 channels
How did you get to 16 channels?
Please try not to confuse channels with transponders.
A transponder can have several channels SD and/or HD. Not a fixed number.
If you connect an LNB output to one FBC tuner, you can theoretically record channels from four transponders
As the Solo 4K comes with dual FBC tuners, If you connect the two FBC tuners then you can record channels from eight transponders.
I hope that I am not confusing you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW