What is DISEqC 1.o ???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, Digital Satellite EQuipment Control, version 1.0, means you can control an LNB switch for up to four satellites, simply by the receiver sending a tone pulse through the coax cable to the switch.

For motor operation, you need version 1.2.

tommyturnip

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Swedeville
You can actually get Diseqc 1.0 motors but you can only memorise 4 sats which may be enough for people who just want free films and sport, here's how anyway....

1.Select LNB 1 on the receiver.
2.Move the dish using the motor's onboard controls until you lock your first sat.
3.Press the memory button on the motor.

Go back to step 1 and repeat for LNB2 and so on.

The motor I have is 1.0/1.1/1.2 compatible so it's ideal for people who are squeezing a little more life out of an old receiver before upgrading. If your box is Diseqc 1.1 then you will be able to store 8 bird positions on your motor due to diseqc 1.1 adding LNB A/B functionality to the Diseqc 1.0 standard.

intrepi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat Ultra, Stab MP 02 DiSEqC 1.0 to 1.2 code convertor for Stab HH 120 motor drive, Winegard 1 meter dish with an Invacom quad LNB
My Location
British Columbia Canada
If you buy a Stab MP 02 inline convertor switch, it will convert DiSEqC 1.0 code to 1.2 code. This device is made by Stab and will allow any Receiver sending 1.0 code to operate any motor drive using 1.2 code. Stab has a Website which is based in Italy but doing a web search for Stab MP 02 will give you some suppliers who have them.