what is the best digtal satellite receiver and card ?

o_0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE
marry Christmas all :-banner

i want to know what is the best digital satellite receiver and card ???? i want to buy a new one so please can u all help me

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
That all depends what you want to watch!

The most flexible receivers are the new generation of linux receivers. These are high end enthusiasts reeceivers and not easy to learn.

For something you can get out of the box and have up and running in half an hour then a FortecStar or Technomate is a good investment. Echostars ahve their fans as well, but can be a bit quirky for some users.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
As for the cards, that depends solely which services you want to watch...

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
For my money the best receiver is the Technomate TM-1500ci+ super, read review by the wizzz in section cunning called "Receiver Reviews", as for the card you don't say what you hope to watch ie, films, football, mature content !

:-HoHo :-HoHo :-HoHo

Your to quick for me AG !

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
im a big fan of the manhattan plaza range.the blind scan feature is brilliant.Easy to operate as well.

TWAG

ps-happy holidays everyone :-)

tonguedv

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
Merry Christmas. Here's my answer:

The Dreambox 7020:
because you can put a huge hard drive in it and it's got a huge following and therefor great support. It uses linux so will be supported/developed for, for a few years at least. CF slot built in, 2 Card slots, and 1 Common Interface slot. Can record onto it's own hd (if you add one) or a computer on your network. You can even plug an ADSL and/or Cable modem into it and connect to the internet without using a pc at all. Emulates almost every card on the market, with no further purchases necessary.

Have you bought one yet?

I say without doubt that on paper at least, the 7020 is the best receiver. disclaimer: ..for me :-googly

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
that's good, but only if you want to spend that much and if you have the time to learn about it!

the technomates are faster than manhattan for blind search and works with any card, even cerebro

o_0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE
thx all for helping me
about the card i want to watch to movies channels, cartoons , sports and TV shows

o_0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE
are these receivers ok or not Topfield ,Humax ,technosat and LG ? i just want to know ?????

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
It's a bit like asking is a Ford alright, is a Fiat alright, is a BMW alright.
Which model are you after as each maker has many different models ?

I have had a Humax before and I thought it was an average receiver, no where as good as my Technomate but other people might disagree and think that the Humax is better, especially if picture quality was of uppermost importance as the Humax does give excellent picture quality.

:-bigsanta

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The only points I would add to this thread are:

If you are looking for a receiver which will work with all CAMs and cards on all encryptions, then it doesn't exist, you cannot future proof to that extent.

The fact that the Dreambox runs on Linux is a bit of a red herring, you need to know nothing whatsoever about Linux (I don't and have successfully run mine for a long time now). You merely need to know how to use an FTP program and possibly Telnet from your PC to the Dreambox. I would however still not recommend one to a beginner who is not prepared to do a lot of reading (and understanding) first and the same would go for receivers which require regular flashing by RS232.

o_0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE
thx Rob and rolfw for the information guys ur gr8 :-clap and the forum is the best