What is the best receiver to buy . ( early - 2019 )

Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Better if you debug, fix the bug and commit the fix for everyone. Faster!
How is someone that doesn't have write permission going to do that?

AndyX

AndyX

My Satellite Setup
TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
I am now using the Edision Mio 4K. It is mostly for feed hunting. It blind scans down to symbol rate of 1000. You can pick a frequency range and polarity like the ancient Technomates. It is quick to scan and the menus are super slick to use. It will pick up dvb2x channels and UHD channels. I am using Openvix at the moment as I find the transponder information is included in the channel list. Openatv works better out of the box in providing access to the USB storage through the network. Not tried any other image so far. I can program the coloured buttons for one button access to blind scan and the positioner. There is even a dedicated Sat button. The receiver is at least as sensitive as my Octagon SX88.

B

buaswe

My Satellite Setup
- 130cm Patriot Offset , 1 x 90 cm, 3 x 65cm offset Dishes
- 2 x Freesat V7 HD , 2 X Dreambox 500 , Dicksmith
- Windows XP ( Still Love this ) , MAC Mini
My Location
Kandy, Sri Lanka
Impiossible to answer with no parameters. What is you area of interest? eg

Ease of use
Good picture
hobby use
feed hunting

Its all down to personal preference. Some people love the Enigma2 software. I reckon its a pile of steaming donkey poop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. CCCAM and blindscan support is a must
2. Unit will be turn on for few hours per day ( Watching Cricket is my hobby ... :) )
3. Ease of use is a not a issue . This is for hobby use

Archive9

Archive9

Archived
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish for the moment.
My Location
South Somerset
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. CCCAM and blindscan support is a must
2. Unit will be turn on for few hours per day ( Watching Cricket is my hobby ... :) )
3. Ease of use is a not a issue . This is for hobby use
Discussion of cc cam is a very dodgy area for this site. Imho.

TonyilCapo

TonyilCapo

My Satellite Setup
Dishes, offset: 60cm 30W, 90cm 13E+19E, Prime Focus: 2.4m 28.2E (2.9m with outer 'petals' not in use + .8m+1.15m)
STBs: Vu+ Vu+ Duo2 DVBS2 x4, GI Avatar2 DVBS2 x2, Vu+Zero
Network: TL WR1043ND v2.1, TL MR6400, TL CPE210 => Custom OpenWRT
Main PC: Cooler Master V750 PS, AMD FX8350, MSI Gaming GTX970, Corsair 8GB RAM, ASUS 27", SS Rival 500, G29 Racing Wheel, Sound 2.1 Trust Titan
Rpi: 3B
My Location
Portugal
How is someone that doesn't have write permission going to do that?
Jesus christ!! :-doh, what part didn't you understand from what I said in previous posts, I make it more clear: an advanced user is able to live easily with possible problems that an enigma2 stb can bring, a 'basic' user will find it hard to get used to, and will struggle with possible known problems or bugs, some eventually give up for a 'plug&play' style receiver. I see this every day...

Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Jesus christ!! :-doh, what part didn't you understand from what I said in previous posts, I make it more clear: an advanced user is able to live easily with possible problems that an enigma2 stb can bring, a 'basic' user will find it hard to get used to, and will struggle with possible known problems or bugs, some eventually give up for a 'plug&play' style receiver. I see this every day...
As an admin of the github repo for OpenViX I don't see how you think you have write permission to the repo to "commit the fix for everyone". Also, that would mean needing software writing skills, not just knowing a little bit about Linux.

Last edited:
Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
TonyilCapo

TonyilCapo

My Satellite Setup
Dishes, offset: 60cm 30W, 90cm 13E+19E, Prime Focus: 2.4m 28.2E (2.9m with outer 'petals' not in use + .8m+1.15m)
STBs: Vu+ Vu+ Duo2 DVBS2 x4, GI Avatar2 DVBS2 x2, Vu+Zero
Network: TL WR1043ND v2.1, TL MR6400, TL CPE210 => Custom OpenWRT
Main PC: Cooler Master V750 PS, AMD FX8350, MSI Gaming GTX970, Corsair 8GB RAM, ASUS 27", SS Rival 500, G29 Racing Wheel, Sound 2.1 Trust Titan
Rpi: 3B
My Location
Portugal
As an admin of the github repo for OpenViX I don't see how you think you have write permission to the repo to "commit the fix for everyone". Also, that would mean needing software writing skills, not just knowing a little bit about Linux.
:-ohmyo_O
Of course never, ever, in the history of open source software someone discovered a bug, fixed it and shared it with people that could "commit the fix for everyone"! And that was even slower than the guy that just said 'hey, yo nerds, this thing is crashing, you have to fix this now!

B

buaswe

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kandy, Sri Lanka
B

buaswe

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kandy, Sri Lanka
In here Digital Broadcasting method is isdb .
EDISION OS MEGA TRIPLE (2XS2+T2C) HEVC may be the device best suit for me. ( But dont know its support for blindscan)
But love to have Amiko A5 .

TECHNICAL FEATURES FOR OS MEGA
- TYPE: DIGITAL COMBO RECEIVER LINUX - FULL HD H.265 HEVC
- 2 X TUNER DVB-S2
- 1 X TUNER DVB-S2/T2/C
- LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM
- MPEG2 / H.265 HEVC DEMODULATOR
- PROCESSOR: MIPS BROADCOM 1600 MHZ BROADCOM BCM73565
- 512MB NAND FLASH / 4MB SPI FLASH / 1GB DDR3 RAM

Huevos

Huevos

Satellite Freak
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
W

World-of-Satellite

My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4K
GiGaBlue UHD Qaud 4K
GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K
VU+ Zero 4K
My Location
UK
One budget receiver that often gets over looked is the Golden Interstar Alpha X, has all the features and similar software as the Edision Primo IP, Octagon SX88+ and its only £39.00! :D

Can use the same channels lists as the above too. Can export and edit channels lists using Dreambox edit, great little receiver in our opinion.

B

buaswe

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kandy, Sri Lanka
does it have airplay