What is the point of a cam these days?

hank007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia mediamaster 9800 S
My Location
Sweden
Like the topic says what is the point of a cam thise days when the only thing you can see for free is TPS and some otherstuff with viacess 2.3 the other stuff isent hacked yet so a cam with like cryptoworks is tottaly useless unless you have an original subscriptiopn on someone with cryptoworks. So plz tell me the meaning of a cam unit!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
hank007 said:
totally useless unless you have an original subscriptiopn on someone with cryptoworks.

Ahh, so that's the use then!

hank007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia mediamaster 9800 S
My Location
Sweden
ok so only for original stuff then well i guess we all have to wight untill they hack videoguard or something couse now the free watching is no fun couse the only thing you can watch for free that is crypted is tps and that isnt to much fun i guess couse no other system then viacess 2.3 is hacked

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
There's no guarantees with this hobby - thinks tend to change week-in week-out.

Hopefully some bright people are working on projects just now that may change things over the coming weeks/months.

One thing's for sure, don't throw out your CAMs just yet - you just never know.

hank007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia mediamaster 9800 S
My Location
Sweden
hmm videoguard is unbroken in uk for 7 years now so i dont think ther is any luck breaking that system but is it tre that its only tps that is possible to watch for free?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
On Hotbird I take it - others are open mainly French and you're correct about videoguard - never say never.

But after seven years I'm sure they have a plan if anyone manages it!

hank007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia mediamaster 9800 S
My Location
Sweden
i dont think hey ever going to crack videoguard couse its a hard nut to rack they say but i guess i have to turn my dish on hotbird get someone to program some hex for tps on my old gold card and watch that untill it goes away to viacess 2.5 o btw what files do i need on the card for tps?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
We don't have files on here so you need to look around the internet for them. Look at the links section on this site and it may help you.

hank007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia mediamaster 9800 S
My Location
Sweden
i found sites with files on them but its so many so i need what kind of files that i need for tps like is it tps crypt or something els for via gold cards?

markatgrc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ESR-D101
My Location
apo thessaloniki
yes I think no point for cams,

do you know whether the nokia 9800 can be patched or not,
I'd like to unlock it to make it able to receive some more channels,
but where to find the software ?!?

Thank you for your reply in advance,

hank007 said:
Like the topic says what is the point of a cam thise days when the only thing you can see for free is TPS and some otherstuff with viacess 2.3 the other stuff isent hacked yet so a cam with like cryptoworks is tottaly useless unless you have an original subscriptiopn on someone with cryptoworks. So plz tell me the meaning of a cam unit!

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
The kingstone package?
small but good....
Your glass certainly seems half empty....
If you are throwing your cams away because they are no use anymore, just put them in the post to me:-rofl2