What kind of Card and Receiver?

Darric

Reaction score
I just moved overseas here to the UK not to long ago from the states (i know im sorry...im american :p ) and I was totally a big part of the "DirecTV" thing over there...i was even a Mod at a site and aided in file support...i just bought Sky service...the receiver is the free one thats offered on their website with the deal for 1₤...maybe someone can tell me what the "underground" name for that receiver is or what it goes by or maybe even a model or something?...i dont have it yet itll be installed next week some time...it came with the blue smartcard with the goofy little yellow house...the chipset appears to be the same as the cards for DTV...it seems to me that people are squeemish about talking about this online for some reason. Regardless ive searched forum after forum and havent found any information yet...can anyone help me get started in the right direction?...show me the way of the newbie...i still have DTV loaders that carry ATMELS...any help?...
thanks in advance
DmN

JeffGreenbank

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North Wales (UK)
Darric
I cannot give an answer as to the make of the box but in this kneck of the world Sky has a bit of a monopoly when it comes to Sat TV. They also dont seem to have thier encryption cracked so your DTV stuff prob wont work. I have Sky but I am just installing another dish hooked to a skystar PC card to whatch TV on my computer. Check other forums on this site It has a grewat deal of info avialable
J

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may be disappointed with the amount of information about the UK service, mainly because there is very little about. They recently changed all 7 million cards for security reasons, the old card had been read in a limited way, the new one is proving secure to date.

There are loads of rumours around, people have friends of friends who have seen a working patched digibox, but this has been circulating for months without any substantiation.

Fortunately in Europe, Sky UK is not the only game in town.

Darric

Reaction score
Is there any where i could read up on what has been tried as far as glitching sequences on the card securities?...such things as that?...or would one have to start from scratch?

ive seen loaders for "funcards" is this for a different kind of sat tv then not sky?...alot of sites dont even really say what some of the content is for...either that or im retarded...prolly both

Oh and real quick if you guys dont mind...rolfw i know your a mod...ive been there done that...understand the aggravations completely!....but only if i could...

post one more reply so i can use private messages!! haha thanks so much...sorry Rolfw
i dont mean to clog your threads im just not used to having to post before i can send messages!...i wont clog again i promise

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Darric, having been a mod on another forum you should know that bumping your post number to be able to send a PM to admin is not acceptable, particularly as it is something that you can ask on the forum.

Try www.skybusters.com and you will see what progress has been made, but I don't think that it is anything significant.

Darric

Reaction score
thanks for the info Ro...as far as being a Mod...It was fun...but i was never much one for rules!...heh i apologize tho...and thanks again

but the card itself what name does it carry? is it just called the blue card with the yellow house card...i found no information specifically about the card anywhere...you did say there wasnt much information about it anywhere...does that mean that im not going to find many specifics...does anyone have any knowledge about it at all...?...anything would help i guess...thanks yall

i did read that it carried similarities to the DTV hu and/or P4 card...if anyone can confirm that it has similar glitch sequences...then i have something to start with....Ro you were right about the info on the card its hard to find...geez....this is alot more tedious than dtv...o well one can start from scratch i guess...
Dmn
WoN