What LNB

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If you are able to make the wife operate a remote control (hard work) then I do have a remote for the 771 if needed. The issue with these positioners was a limit of 30 satellite positions, and their memory loss after a couple of years because of a lithium battery drain, but they were very reliable.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Sod's law isn't it as I have just ordered a V-Box to replace the postioner and there is no way to cancel it.
Thanks all the same CH but will have to pass on this one now I'm afraid.

If you ever needed the positioner to go with your remote control just let me know and it's yours.
Mind you saves the wife having to operate two remote's. :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Manged to get it up and running yesterday. Took nearly all day but by five we were able to receive Thor, Hotbird and Astra 1.
Bit of a pain because my Technomate receiver is away being repaired (or I should say replaced) and had to use my old Force receiver which made things bloody hard.
Think I need a bigger actuator as I only have a 8" at the moment and can't reach 30 west or 53 east, still bet a lot of you would be happy if you had 8".:-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
rolfw said:
There are a lot of these type of dishes floating around, having fallen into redundancy on Petrol stations and the like and they are just waiting to be claimed.

So all these impressive dishes bolted onto the local stations are unused??? I've got to get myself to one now before anyone else does!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

By the way, what were those dishes used for on petrol stations? Were they some sort of link for something money related (e.g. the Lottery tills)?

P.S. The dish looks really nice Rob, especially in brick red... :D:D:D:D

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
2cvbloke said:
P.S. The dish looks really nice Rob, especially in brick red... :D:D:D:D

I was lucky as I was able to take it to work and get it resprayed, and if your interested have a look on e-bay cause that's where I got mine, not bad for a tenner ! :D :D :D

As you can see from pictures below, the before and after.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Rob said:
I was lucky as I was able to take it to work and get it resprayed, and if your interested have a look on e-bay cause that's where I got mine, not bad for a tenner ! :D :D :D

As you can see from pictures below, the before and after.

I resprayed my Lidl dish at my mum's as she has a back yard whereas I have just a front doorstep...

I've looked on ebay often for old/disused/unwanted dishes (both fixed and motorised), but they're usually Collect Only or have a stupid Postage cost, neither of which I can do with, so I'm going to nip to my local petrol station to see if they want their old dish removed... ;) :D

By the way, don't you mean After and Before??? :p :D

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
At the moment I have a 8" actuator fitted to my system but it does not turn the dish around enough to get Hispasat or may be Express AM22.
So I am going to fit a 12" actuator in it's place which should be enough to reach those sats, but can anyone think of any reason why this is not a good idea.
The dish is a 90cm prime/focus.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rob said:
At the moment I have a 8" actuator fitted to my system but it does not turn the dish around enough to get Hispasat or may be Express AM22.
So I am going to fit a 12" actuator in it's place which should be enough to reach those sats, but can anyone think of any reason why this is not a good idea.
The dish is a 90cm prime/focus.

Don't see any reason why not, just make sure the dish doesn't hit your house when it turns either way....