what receiver I need 4 sky digital in ROME??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob_drani

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello Guys,
Can someone suggest me what receiver I would need to wacth SKY digital in ROme? do I need a proper sky box or any receiver will do??I Live in London BUt I want to set up sky digital in my Rome's flat. can I buy the receiver in the UK and take it to Rome and install it?? Also to pick up only bbc channel 4 and 5 do I need a viewing card, plus what size dish??

THanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You need a Sky digibox if you are going to want the sky pay channels, ITV1 ITV2 C4 and C5. The BBC are free and can be received on any digital receiver with a big enough dish.

For dish details see your other thread.

h**p://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?p=174237

rob_drani

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HI ,
Thanks for reply.
I have a NOKIA 1200 MEDIAMASTER. iS THIS OK TO PICK UP BB1 AND 2 IN ROME FREE TO AIR ? PLUS, WHAT DISH SIZE I NEED ONLY TO PICK UP THE BBC, WITHOUT CONSIDERING ITV AS THE DISH REQUIRED FOR ITV IS TO BIG.?? ALSO, WHAT DEGREE ORIENTATION I NEED TO PUT MY DISH FOR BBC 1 AND 2?
Analoguesat said:
You need a Sky digibox if you are going to want the sky pay channels, ITV1 ITV2 C4 and C5. The BBC are free and can be received on any digital receiver with a big enough dish.

For dish details see your other thread.

h**p://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?p=174237

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
Hi Rob

I think this was already answered for you on another post but here goes again BBC and ITV both transmit on the Astra 2D which according to one source can be received with a 3.8M dish in Rome the area I am sure someone will give you more detailed advice in this thread as it progresses.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hi ,
i install systems here in the naples area
the best receivers and the panasonic model 30 and 31 work the best
also the silver grundig is good as well.
dish size i have set some 1 meter dishes and they work ok as well but some of the sports suffer in the summer time.
a 1.20 meter dish is advisable.
and a lnd of.4 db should do as well.
you will not pick up any bbc 1 and 2 ,no itv, no hallmark, no disney, no E4+1 hour,tv 4 and 5 and E4 all ok.
you would need a 3 meter plus to do so
a 1.25 dish will cost 100 euro lnb about 10 to 12 euro and labor in rome may be 100 euro
total may be 250 euro installed
ralph magno
i can not service rome too far to drive and back
make sure the tec has a field strenth meter with tv monoter and spectrum and not a cumpus and a cheep50 euro meter
it will take days to set up

QUOTE=rob_drani]Hello Guys,
Can someone suggest me what receiver I would need to wacth SKY digital in ROme? do I need a proper sky box or any receiver will do??I Live in London BUt I want to set up sky digital in my Rome's flat. can I buy the receiver in the UK and take it to Rome and install it?? Also to pick up only bbc channel 4 and 5 do I need a viewing card, plus what size dish??

THanks[/QUOTE]

rob_drani

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for your reply a few days ago.
one more question. if I istall a 1.20 dish in rome can I get at least channel 5 or channel 4, ??
ralphmagno said:
hi ,
i install systems here in the naples area
the best receivers and the panasonic model 30 and 31 work the best
also the silver grundig is good as well.
dish size i have set some 1 meter dishes and they work ok as well but some of the sports suffer in the summer time.
a 1.20 meter dish is advisable.
and a lnd of.4 db should do as well.
you will not pick up any bbc 1 and 2 ,no itv, no hallmark, no disney, no E4+1 hour,tv 4 and 5 and E4 all ok.
you would need a 3 meter plus to do so
a 1.25 dish will cost 100 euro lnb about 10 to 12 euro and labor in rome may be 100 euro
total may be 250 euro installed
ralph magno
i can not service rome too far to drive and back
make sure the tec has a field strenth meter with tv monoter and spectrum and not a cumpus and a cheep50 euro meter
it will take days to set up

QUOTE=rob_drani]Hello Guys,

THanks
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.