What Sat Receiver would you recommend ?

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
Hi Guys,

Would like your advice on which Digital Satellite Receiver to go for, I have a slightly deaf i think Topfield TF 5000Ci working an alsat dark motor and 85cm dish, what one would you recommend :confused

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Seeing as nobody has tried all the different receiver's on the market who's to know, but as for myself the Technomate 1500 takes a lot of beating.

It's easy to use, cheap, and has brilliant backup via patches, makes my life very easy. :)

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
I agree with Rob, the TM1500 seems to be a favourite with many members on different boards.
Parky.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
is this the machine that has one cam slot and built in multicrypt facilty, about £95 ??

:confused

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
That's the one. :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have a home LAN, you might want to consider something like the nano-x or the innovative, they also seem to have quite a following and they update automatically over the internet.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
and if U want some gray hair :) get a dreambox

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
rolfw said:
If you have a home LAN, you might want to consider something like the nano-x or the innovative, they also seem to have quite a following and they update automatically over the internet.

excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by a home LAN ?
:-worship

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Broadband with a router.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
ofcorse, sorry again for my ignorance, no just want a good satellite receiver not bothered about broadband capabilities. so the tm1500Ci super ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, has nothing to do with broadband capabilities, it is that fact that if you plug it into your network, it updates on its own, no need for patches or updating via RS232 cable..

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
rolfw said:
LOL, has nothing to do with broadband capabilities, it is that fact that if you plug it into your network, it updates on its own, no need for patches or updating via RS232 cable..

lol, oh i see, but if i was going more for the technomate which one would you recomend, I want one with ci slot for cam to work my conax & digitalb sports package but also multicrypt interests me is this a really good thing to have, and don`t want to get one that has fault where doing blind scan takes over 15 hrs was told by a couple of people, please advise :confused

skidy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020
1m motorised dish.
Dell Precision 560 (twin processor )
My Location
NW-UK
all the above mentioned recivers are ok but they all run patched firmware at leats all.wich is in a nutshell original firmware thats been moddified.they are capable at what they do but need regular updating.i surgest you go for a linux based reciver ie(dreambox-(DGstation"relook")(technomate9100 i think is the model number no dought sombody will correct me if i am wrong.linux recievers are very updatable when theres surtton changes with emu"s and key changes and usualy updates are avalable allmost imeadiate.where pached recievers it could take a lot longer for sombody to update firmware and fix any changes that.everybody has differant tastes and requirments and preferances.all i can say to you is research wich ever reciever you have in mind before you commit to buying.best of luck:toke: