what satalites can i recieve

robot1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital amstrad
My Location
birmingham
hi there can any body help me years ago used to be sat mad had a d2 mac decoder whatched tv1000 etc
now just use sky didital just wondering can you recieve this in uk still what system would i need many thanks

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
technomate 6900,,and invacom 0.3 quad lnb
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
hi and welcome if you look through the forum youle find theres loads more channels you can get than you did in those days once you start again you it will turn into a very interesting and fascinating hobby good luck and get your wallet ready:)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Welcome to the forum.
The good old days of D2Mac, on 1W, are unfortunately long gone, but currently we have a lot of viewing options.
Premiere and D+ packages on 19.2E.
TPS 13E.
Cabo and D+ 30W.
And various other channels.
To get back into the hobby you will need a Digital receiver, preferably patchable, £60 upwards.
A few of the most popular to choose from are the Technomate range, including the 1500+, a well supported patchble receiver for about £90.
Technomate 9100, a Linux based receiver for about £109.
Dreambox, another Linux based receiver, in various models, 500, 7000, 7020, and at various prices.
Also advisable to get a motorised dish set up, a 1 Metre dish should get you nearly everything, and you can generally install this without planning permission.
To advise you more specifically we will need to know your general budget, what you wish to watch, and where you intend to put your dish.
Check where due South is, on your property, and work out where you would need to install your dish, to view a clear line of sight, to get the most satellites between 45E - 45W, the more satellites you can receive the better.
If you spot a sky dish, that will be pointing at 28.2E, so as your facing the dish mov2 28.2 degrees to your left to get South.
Please have a read through the forum stickies, this should give you more of an idea of what you might want, as going through the choice of receivers alone would take hours.

robot1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital amstrad
My Location
birmingham
many thanks for replys i am really looking forward to starting again can i justask if i get a 1m dish and a digital reciever will the box you mentioned above can i still use my sky digital card on the box as then i can do away with my sky box
will i have to phone sky to match the card to the motorised reciever

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can if it is a Dreambox, in my opinion the best of the Linux boxes, certainly the most widely supported of all the options. :)

robot1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital amstrad
My Location
birmingham
hi all i am in uk which is the best reciever to use to recieve tv1000 and how big the dish should be to recieve and any extra items i would need to recieve
many thanks