What satellite receiver would you say is the best to buy

R

Rd100

What satellite receiver(s) on sale at the would you say is the best to buy for best pic & sound & good for multisat at the moment apart from technomate, humax, dream, pvr based receiver,

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Rd100 said:
What satellite receiver(s) on sale at the would you say is the best to buy for best pic & sound & good for multisat at the moment apart from technomate, humax, dream, pvr based receiver,

Nobody can answer that it is the equivalent of saying which is the best car to buy for colour, body styling and looks, everybody's opinion will be different because everyone's perspective is different. I could say my stb is a good one from the point of view of pic sound etc but would not recommend one as they cannot be flashed with a patch, but for fta channels it is fab at the price and can accomodate disecq switching and a C A Module

R

Rd100

what do you think is best for pic and sound qulity?

toppervte33h said:
Nobody can answer that it is the equivalent of saying which is the best car to buy for colour, body styling and looks, everybody's opinion will be different because everyone's perspective is different. I could say my stb is a good one from the point of view of pic sound etc but would not recommend one as they cannot be flashed with a patch, but for fta channels it is fab at the price and can accomodate disecq switching and a C A Module

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Tandberg TT1200 professional, but totally impractical for home use.

L.:)

Hitchcock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
They say in the auction that it can support NDS Videoguard!

How would you hook up your TV to this machine? Would the picture really look any better?

R

Rd100

The reson i open this thread is i want to buy another receiver to add to my collection:eek: I want some thing diffrent the lemon satellite receivers look good for the price so do the topfield receivers:)

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Rd100 said:
The reson i open this thread is i want to buy another receiver to add to my collection:eek: I want some thing diffrent the lemon satellite receivers look good for the price so do the topfield receivers:)

Stay away from Topfield if you like to play with your receiver, they are really made for the plug and play average user who doesn't want to get into technical stuff.

I think all receivers are all the same today, they are all plastic and cheap and do pretty much the same thing, your choice would instead be Linux receiver or a plug and play receiver most people use.

19E59N

Radio MM
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000 IP Viaccess
Panasonic DSB-30
Nokia 110S
ChannelMaster 1,2m
Motorized Macab 1,5m
My Location
Sweden
Likvid said:
Stay away from Topfield if you like to play with your receiver, they are really made for the plug and play average user who doesn't want to get into technical stuff.

I think all receivers are all the same today, they are all plastic and cheap and do pretty much the same thing, your choice would instead be Linux receiver or a plug and play receiver most people use.

True indeed but I have a Dreambox 5620 that appears to be a bit unreliable. It gets stuck every now and then. Yes I have reset the box with new software. The new Dreambox 7025 could be something but the price you pay...?

How about Arion AF 9300 PVR? Topfield seemed to be a good choice until I read your comments.

I want to replace my Echostar 3000 with a PVR receiver who can also record radio shows (not possible with 3000) . Hopefully with a silent hard-drive.
Can you set SR and FEC manually?

:confused