What Satellite System Do I Need To Do This?

dathi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite
I am moving to Belgrade, Serbia at the end of the year to work for some period of time and I would like to be able to get a satellite system so I can watch Premiership football, BBC and other English channels from there. I don't want Sky.

I am new to all this satellite stuff and therefore have no idea what equipment to buy, what size of dish, what receiver or CAM's to buy.

I want to be able to go to this site: "http://64.77.87.5/sport/index.html" and tune into whatever satellite channel/frequency the game is on. Is that possible?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

D.J.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
since you don't want sky, you'll just need a simple, non sky, digital DVB FTA receiver. lots on eBay, for example:

_http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29784&item=5775101885

since you're looking at "fringe" reception it might be worth hunting down or asking for advice about receivers with sensative tuners.

then, the bigger challenge you're facing will be the dish size you need to capt transmissions from Astra 2d, the satellite which the BBC, and other english FTA transmissions come from. we're talking anything from 1.8M, 2.4M or even 3M+. check _http:www.astra2d.com for reception reports....

-cts

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
More than 1.8m needed in Belgrade.

h**p://www.astra2d.com/serbia.htm

Probably considerably more.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Then when you have that sorted, you need to get a Czechlink card, to watch the premiersip football on the same satellite cluster. :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive seen reports that Czechlink are leaving 28E later in the year for a new home on 23E

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That'll upset a few people then.:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If its true yes it will - the uk coverage of 23E is rubbish.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Probably no worse that the Eurobird Eastern European beam.

dathi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite
Thank you all for your replies, it looks like I will have to get a Dish that is at least 1.8m or bigger.
As I am a newbie to all this I have got few questions, any help would be appreciated.
1. If I have 2 LNB's on 1 dish, can I then have two different channels at the same time in two rooms.

2. What are the best LNB's, I have seen some are: 0.3 dB, others are 0.6 dB. Which one is better?

3. What is a "Sensative Tuner"?

4. What does "satellite cluster Mean"?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
dathi said:
1. If I have 2 LNB's on 1 dish, can I then have two different channels at the same time in two rooms.
With a dual output you can have one lnb and two receivers a quad you can have one lnb and four receivers

dathi said:
2. What are the best LNB's, I have seen some are: 0.3 dB, others are 0.6 dB. Which one is better?
0.3db is recognised to be better although I understand different manufacturers have different testing standards.
dathi said:
3. What is a "Sensative Tuner"?
A sensitive tuner is one which is able to seek out (find) and lock onto a weak signal and the rest of the receiver will reconstruct the data into a meaningful TV picture and sound
dathi said:
4. What does "satellite cluster Mean"?
satellites e.g. such as Hotbird are actually a cluster of satellites (in this case 6) all co located in the approximate same space. The reality is they are quite a distance apart but not viewed from earth.

Hope this helps

popovp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My system:Receiver-Ferguson Ariva 102E HD, Sky Sat 9900FTA+emu;Ferguson FX-6600CR/OCTAGON SF318 soft;LNB-Sky Sat, universal, 0,2dB;1.17x1.06m offset dish ;Diseqc 1,2 +USALS Moteck2100A motor; 1,2m parabola+0,3dB Inverto @ H-H Strong SRT DM 2100
My Location
Varna, Bulgaria
In Varna, Bulgaria I receive a lot of football transmiting channels given in L.J.s(64.77.87.5) site - RTR Sport; Sport TV(Hispasat 30ºw); Supersport, TV8, Star,TRT1,TRT3, KanalD(Tutksat 42ºE); ZDF, ARD;TVE Int; RTP; Sport ItaliaI, Italia1, Canal5,RAI1-3 and other with follow equipment: receiver Sky Sat 9900 FTA (free cannels + emulator for some coded channels), dish Sky Sat Unlimited 80/90 cm offcet(amplification 39,9db at 10,95Ghz; 41,3dB at 12,75Ghz), universal LNB 0,3db type Sky Sat SS-103(for offset antenna) – all thiese from METRO shop, Bulgaria (179 bg lv ≈ 90 euro). Separately motor for dish rotating by means of receiver’s remote – MOTECK SG 2100A Diseqc1.2+USALS ≈ 50 euro.This weekend a’m going to watch Brazilian Championship and Argentinian Primiera Division matches on Sport TV(Hispasat 30ºw). For Premiership footballyou need decoding card and CAS receiver with slots for cards. Now in METRO shops Bulgaria there is similar receiver for 149 +20% bg lv :

SKY SAT UNLIMITED 9900 CIC

( FREE TO AIR + CI + CARD READER + EMULATOR )

• FTA receiver +2 CI (Common Interface) – two slots
  • Cards: BULSATCOM ( IRDETO ) , ITV
    ( CRYPTOWORKS ) , TELENOR ( CONAX )
  • DiSEqC1.0/1.2
  • 4000 canals
  • RS232 interface for software update
  • RGB andcomposittevideo output
  • Stereo audio
  • RF modulator
  • Teletekst