What Satellites

CrouchingTiger

Schnell Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mega Sat 1.8 meter mesh sat dish prim focus.

Invacom c120 lnb with chaparal co rotor and feedhorn.

Jaeger H-H smr 1224 supermount.

echnomate 1500ci+ patched darkman.
My Location
Highwycombe, Buckinghamshire
Hiya folks

Ive finally got my 1.8 meter mesh sat dish with a invacom c120 lnb and the dishes own feed horn. I will be mounting it on a pole and the dish will go on a smr-1224 jaeger motor H-H. I bought me a technomate tm1500 ci receiver and patched it to darmans latest patch. So all is loooking good all i have to buy now is a vbox.

What i had to ask was with a 1.8 meter dish im in the south of u.k london sides and was wondering what degree east to what degree west sattlites i will be able to pick up along the arc can anybody shed som light thank.

regards
CrouchingTiger

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi CrouchingTiger
Difficult to say really depends on what line of sight you have to the arc, what tall buildings or trees are in your way etc. Perhaps a few pictures will help us determine.
Have a look at h**p://www.lyngsat.com to see what is available.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If you are South of London and the dish is able to see to the horizons, you will get satellites approximately 70 degrees East or West of True South (everso slightly more if the dish is on the roof or on a balcony).

As Toppervte says, other obstructions will lower the satellite count.

jakenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Starlight 5900+PVR-80GB,Topfield TF5000CI,Skystar2,110cm dish, Invacom 0,3dB, Moteck SG2100A,range: 75East-61West,AMD Sempron 2600+, Windows XP Pro.
My Location
The Netherlands
Here in Holland receiving all between 75 east (LMI) and 58 west (Pas 9). No point in searching further west as those satellites have no beams towards Europe.

Jakenl