What size dish do i need to get 15 degrees West? + info on USA feeds please.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88/ Pure Titanium 0.2/ Moteck 2100 Disecq/ Manhattan Plaza XT-CM/ Sky HD 160GB/ sky+ 80GB/ Sky+ 40GB/ Octo LNB!!
My Location
Northamptonshire
Hi,so new to motorised sat systems its not even mildly amusing,actually havent even purchased my set up yet,trying to do a bit of research in advance as the Mrs is not into the idea of another dish on the house,really need to keep it 90cm's or less.
My main interest is feeds,in particular USA feeds including news,letterman etc.
I believe i have figured out that the CBS feeds are at 16 degrees east and i should pick those up fine with an 80cm+ dish?
I have also noticed people taking about other USA feeds on 15 degrees west,can anyone tell me if i will pick these up on an 80/90cm dish in Northamptonshire??

Many thanks in advance.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum dexterfletcher

Well firstly feeds are just that feeds, here today and gone tomorrow there are a couple of threads about dad tv on the forum but obviously by their very nature information is thin on the ground. Here is the full listing of transponders that have been used on 15W However it is not possible to say what size dish is required for different feeds as by their nature they are temporary and subject to change.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88/ Pure Titanium 0.2/ Moteck 2100 Disecq/ Manhattan Plaza XT-CM/ Sky HD 160GB/ sky+ 80GB/ Sky+ 40GB/ Octo LNB!!
My Location
Northamptonshire
Thanks for your advice,i know its hard to say but do you think i may get feeds on an 85/90cm dish occasionally depending on the feed or would you suggest a 1M dish to even stand a chance of getting anything from 15 degrees west?

I guess i stand more chance receiving 16 degrees east with a smaller dish,to be honest i am really looking forward to getting "The Late Show" with David Letterman,i have read that CBS transmit the feed for the show in the clear on there,please tell me im right or i may be ever so slightly gutted!!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northamptonshire
P.S,forgive me as i am a newbie but...."DAD TV"????

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
dexterfletcher said:
P.S,forgive me as i am a newbie but...."DAD TV"????

Feeds have all sorts of daft designations

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
This thread may clarify what I was referring to with Dad.
I have an old 1.2mtr dish and can get some feeds when I have the time to mess so really the bigger the better but obviously everybody has their own restrictions, I'm sorry you will have to wait for someone else to post as I would have thought 90cm would get something but do not expect a booming signal from 16 E it can be a tricky bird to pick up at times as you will find if you do a search for details