What sort of price?

moordown66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If I provided the dish and LNB, and assuming I already have the receiving equipment in place, what as a general rule of thumb, would be an installers price for installing a motorised system for me? I've had a couple of quotes, but wanted to get a feeling from people on here to see what a realisitc price is.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to specify what type of motor and whether DiseqC ro 36v, plus whether you are providing it as well. Many installers won't touch motors at all and many more won't touch 36v motors.

If you are half way handy at DIY, why not try an installation yourself, there is a lot of help available here. :)

moordown66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ooh - you've lost me now (36v motors and that).

I would have a punt at doing it myself but for one thing.........heights. Just can't do heights and the only place I'd be able to munt one would have to be high up!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK then, we assume a 90cm dish and DiseqC motor, most installers will be able to provide the brackets and mast. The installation cost will also depend on the location required, but I would guess that a starting price would be around £120, but could rise considerably