fitlike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
north east scotland
mhku said:
The options for watching football are:

1. Buy the official subscription card and receiver.
2. Buy a Dreambox, install a key updater and rely on what can be viewed on the day.
3. Buy a Dreambox and a subscription card.
4. Buy a Dreambox and join a card sharing ring.

For options 2-4 buy a motor and as big a dish as you're allowed to fit (at least 1m).

Ok some great info but one qustion "card sharing how does this work and what do you need, Is it legit (sounds dodgy)"
What is the best dreambox to get and where is the best place to buy a motor a huge dish 1m and a hairbrush just incase I choose to wash my hair.

Oh and when do we find out wich channels have which rights??

More than one question i know but im a greedy bugg er

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Card sharing is illegal.

I don't know who has the rights to which matches- I would have to google it, which you can do as well :)

Do Sky and Setanta not the have the rights to show EPL and SPL games? If so, buy their official subscriptions.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
fitlike said:
What is the best dreambox to get and where is the best place to buy a motor a huge dish 1m and a hairbrush just incase I choose to wash my hair.

One of the site supporting advertisers (see the link in my sig) would be able to sell you the dish and motor etc.

As for the Dreambox, I think the DM800 is probably the best one at the moment as it is High Definition. Again one of the site supporters will have those too.

fitlike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
north east scotland
Robbo71 said:
One of the site supporting advertisers (see the link in my sig) would be able to sell you the dish and motor etc.

As for the Dreambox, I think the DM800 is probably the best one at the moment as it is High Definition. Again one of the site supporters will have those too.

Thank you.

Will look into it

fitlike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
north east scotland
mhku said:
Card sharing is illegal.

I don't know who has the rights to which matches- I would have to google it, which you can do as well :)

Do Sky and Setanta not the have the rights to show EPL and SPL games? If so, buy their official subscriptions.

Sky and setanta do have the rights but due to football v rights can no show games kicking off at 3pm on a sat afternoon. I do have subscripion to both of these but wanted to watch 3pm games also.

Think I may wait unil nearer the sason kick off and try again.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I can't quite understand why anyone wants to spend a considerable sum of money JUST to watch a game of football at 3pm on a Saturday. Sky and Setanta show games at 12.45 and 17.15 on a Saturday. Two more on Sundays and often one on Monday nights. Plus all the other stuff from cups etc.

Given that you do want to go ahead, the first hurdle is to get the equipment and install it. Who's showing what will become clearer in mid July or so. No point in speculatiing now. Plus there may be one or two feeds so that should be borne in mind when choosing equipment.

fitlike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
north east scotland
jimbo said:
I can't quite understand why anyone wants to spend a considerable sum of money JUST to watch a game of football at 3pm on a Saturday. Sky and Setanta show games at 12.45 and 17.15 on a Saturday. Two more on Sundays and often one on Monday nights. Plus all the other stuff from cups etc.

Given that you do want to go ahead, the first hurdle is to get the equipment and install it. Who's showing what will become clearer in mid July or so. No point in speculatiing now. Plus there may be one or two feeds so that should be borne in mind when choosing equipment.

Cheers Jimbo, think you are right but having 3pm kick offs on a Sat when you are not supposed too wins it for me (breaking the law breaking the law) But as you say might be better waiting until mid July. Camw accross a few card sharing sites on y travels are these worth looking into or do you need some knowlege of the set up before you get into that sort of thing.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You need quite a bit of technical savvy and a few good and true like-minded friends - or pay money to a commercial server syndicate.

Didn't ART retain the rights to the SPL for the season just gone? They may also have it for next year too. Cheap at around £60 a year. Google it up or check the sellers on eBay. They seem to be the first to know what's going on!

DigitALB have EPL rights next year AFAIK. More like £150 - £200 for an annual card though, and the video is shit quality.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Watch out for some ebay sellers, they were still selling ART cards with Premiership viewing at the start of last season. ;)

fitlike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
north east scotland
Yes have learned from past purchases that they are sometimes not what they say on the tin if you know what i mean. But in saying that have had some geat buys from ebay. Will wait till aug before I decide if I will dabble in the satellite market or not. Keep me posted if any info on 3pm scottish games comes to light before then.

Just bought a new hairbrush so might wash my hair 3pm on a sat and stick to setanta and sky :L:L

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
You don't have to spend much money to watch 3pm ko's.. Look at my signature!! I got a phoenix apollo for £24 on flea bay and converted it to an openbox.. The openbox rivals the technomate for support and has alot of support for card sharing also.. you just need to keep learning about what each box can do and what support it has.. You don't need to jump in at the deep end, buy a linux box and get nowhere .. A dreambox might not be the best place to start.. The openbox is capable of watching almost anything in europe.. It can even except an official sly card

fitlike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
north east scotland
kip said:
You don't have to spend much money to watch 3pm ko's.. Look at my signature!! I got a phoenix apollo for £24 on flea bay and converted it to an openbox.. The openbox rivals the technomate for support and has alot of support for card sharing also.. you just need to keep learning about what each box can do and what support it has.. You don't need to jump in at the deep end, buy a linux box and get nowhere .. A dreambox might not be the best place to start.. The openbox is capable of watching almost anything in europe.. It can even except an official sly card

Ok NOOB question: Sly Card??????

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
fitlike said:
Ok NOOB question: Sly Card??????

He means Sky card but is afraid to post it, some forums are paranoid that the Murdoch police will come knocking at their door by posting the name. Well I am sure they appreciate the free advertising.

fitlike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
north east scotland
Topper said:
He means Sky card but is afraid to post it, some forums are paranoid that the Murdoch police will come knocking at their door by posting the name. Well I am sure they appreciate the free advertising.

I see, thanks for the info.

fitlike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
north east scotland
kip said:

Ok sounds fantastic but just one problem: phoenix apollp converted to an openbox????? :confused

As I said I am a novice (But a novice willing to understand)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hes probably referring to watching the games on Premiere. This avenue WILL be going away in the not too distant future as they convert over to a new and secure encryption.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
fitlike said:
Ok sounds fantastic but just one problem: phoenix apollp converted to an openbox????? :confused

Yes, some receivers do not have sufficient support in their own right, but as I understand it, if the hardware is compatible it is possible to flash it with software for a different receiver.Although it musn't be done willy nilly, you have to know what you are doing.:)

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
fitlike said:

The phoenix apollo is a clone of the openbox X800 series, there is little support for the phoenix but loads for the openbox, it is difficult to get a cheap second hand openbox but flea bay is flooded with phoenix apollo's .. There is software on the net that can convert the phoenix to make it think it is an openbox, this then opens up a whole new world.. Premiere will be going soon, the same way as d+ and i'm sure others will follow, that is why it is important to get a box with loads of support and can card share.. I like myself nova on hotbird for the footie.. fitlike, if you buy a second hand phoenix apollo ci-mc you could do a lot worse, have a look on flea bay, if you need any help i can help you convert it. If you want more of a challenge go for a dreambox or eagle box, but if you want something that can do almost as much without the hassle go for something like the openbox.. This is just my opinion.. good luck