What to do with unused equipment?

jamesG

Reaction score
My son very kindly hit my Sky dish with his football which gave me a good excuse to get rid of my Sky package. I now have the sky dish and digital receiver (and I still have the analogue dish and receiver in the garage). I live in between Salisbury and Bristol and can not get Freeview. Are my old Sky dishes and receivers able to pick anything else up - if so any suggestions as to what I should be doing?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
you should have no trouble getting freeview, but you will need to add channels manually into the digibox.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
If you want to put your old Sky dish and reciever back and point at the original Astra 19.2E or Hotbird 13E you will still receive many free channels in analogue.

Most will be in German with a few English - on Hotbird you will find Italian, Polish etc. Depends what you want.

You may catch the bug and want to expand to Free digital or use the many Card CAM combinations to expand your viewing. for this you will need new equipment.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
I live in between Salisbury and Bristol and can not get Freeview.
I think he is talking about Freeview digital using an aerial not a dish

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Yes BonceChops
That is the way that I read jamesG's post
Regards AF