What USALS motor to buy?

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi,

I just purchased a Techonmate 1500 CI+ as I want to go motorised. I have now looked around for a USALS motor and it seems like there are quite a few out there. The price also varies quite a bit and I was therefore wondering if anyone had any experience (good/bad) with their motor or heard anything from someone who does?

I have seen a Moteck \ Fortec Star DiSEqC 1.2 & 1.3 USALS Compatable motor for around £35 and a similar STAB-USLAS HH-100 motor for £75. I saw that the main difference between these two are the sensors and the gearing inside the box's. Does this make much of a difference? Is there any difference in setting up an USALS depending on make and model?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That is very cheap for the Moteck, well below wholesale price. The Moteck is among the best and certainly easy to install, not so keen on the Stab though.

Have been promised a test model of a motor which apparently is much better made than the Moteck, hopefully getting it within the next two weeks.

One problem with the moteck, the U bolts used for clamping it to the mast, have a tendency to sheer off when removing.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Do you have any experince with the Fortec Star FS-2100?
I also saw this advertised for £35 as new on eBay.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Fortec star don't make motors, so it will be a rebadged version of something else. Looks very similar to the Moteck, even the box is pretty much identical, but then i believe that the Moteck was originally a Jaeger clone.

H

Happy-Buddah

I have the moteck 2100 and Fortec Star 2100. Identical except for the labels and cboxes. Even the circuitry inside is identical. I understand that the newer version of the Fortec motor has had some design changes.
H-B:)

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I just heard from the seller that the Fortec Star FS-2100 is identical to the Moteck motor. There's only a tiny difference in the box that it comes in but otherwise the same motor.

iceburn

Reaction score
My father just got this as well, ready for him to setup (hence why I am borrowing his technomate 1000D until he does) when the weather is better. Wonder how much better it is compare to the Matthan one that is install at my house from the installer last year.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
rolfw said:
Have been promised a test model of a motor which apparently is much better made than the Moteck, hopefully getting it within the next two weeks.

What motor is that Rolf?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I don't know I'm afraid, will report on it here when I get it, it is supposed to be more consistent overall with the USALS operation, the new model will have brass gears not plastic and there is another forthcoming feature which I will not report until they have done it, but sounds useful. . Apparently they will do a dish which bolts straight to it as well, should be getting both in the next couple of weeks..

popovp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My system:Receiver-Ferguson Ariva 102E HD, Sky Sat 9900FTA+emu;Ferguson FX-6600CR/OCTAGON SF318 soft;LNB-Sky Sat, universal, 0,2dB;1.17x1.06m offset dish ;Diseqc 1,2 +USALS Moteck2100A motor; 1,2m parabola+0,3dB Inverto @ H-H Strong SRT DM 2100
My Location
Varna, Bulgaria
I have "MOTECK" GS 2100A.Easy to install, works very well. Receiver SKY SAT UNLIMITED 9900 FTA, USALS compatible, dish-OFFSET 80/90 cm SKY SAT, LNB universal 0,3 db SKY SAT (all bought from "METRO" Bulgaria). My place-Bulgaria, Varna(at Black See), 43,2N / 27,9E. I recieve sats from HISP30"W to TURK42"E. Qual/Signal 20-86/68-76 ,including ASTRA28,2"E, ASTRA19"E.