My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
I'm thinking of setting up a motorised system for my Dad and I was wondering what is best, a patched receiver or a CI receiver with a cam? Basically what I want to get is Hispasat. Now every month as you know you have to change the cas key for Hispa (Cabo), how does that work with a patched receiver? I've only ever tried cams so I don't know anything about updating a receiver. I've seen patched receivers on ebay with the cable included, but how often do they need to be updated and is it easy? Should I just go for the cam option? My Dad knows nothing about the satellite world, so it would be left to me to sort out and I can just about get my head around a cam.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Flashing my receiver is easy peasy but unfortunately nobody makes any patches for it. The Technomate ci 1500 is supposed to be good using Darkmans. If the keys change then you have to reflash of course once the patch is available. Honest if you are managing to program a Dragon then flashing a receiver will be easy for you. Go for it make him happy this Christmas. You may have to block the more adult content unless you want him to have a coronary?!?!!!:eek:

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
toppervte33h said:
Flashing my receiver is easy peasy but unfortunately nobody makes any patches for it. The Technomate ci 1500 is supposed to be good using Darkmans. If the keys change then you have to reflash of course once the patch is available. Honest if you are managing to program a Dragon then flashing a receiver will be easy for you. Go for it make him happy this Christmas. You may have to block the more adult content unless you want him to have a coronary?!?!!!:eek:
LOL thanks toppervte33h

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
hope your dad likes his christmas pressy.id patch his box and also have a cam on standby,in case of emergency.

good luck with the install :-)

TWAG

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
twag42 said:
hope your dad likes his christmas pressy.id patch his box and also have a cam on standby,in case of emergency.

good luck with the install :-)

TWAG
Thanks Twag, I have to find him a box first LOL