What's gone wrong.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 7500 + Dragon cam. 1M moveable dish
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Please can antbody help me. I have started from scratch and loaded 500s with dm500rel108.img. I have also got the latest keys, But I have a problem. I loaded a new channel list and all I now got are US channels.

How can I get the european channels back as the db will not even lock onto any satellite, although there is a good signal.

Also reading the idiot guide, I got a bit confused do the images have the emus configured in them, or can I load them with ftp.

Thanks

Storm.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
In the motor menu, have you selected DiseqC1.2 or GoTo x, then you will need to put in your correct coordinates.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
I didn't think that DiseqC1.2 worked with 500s therefore I tried to set up box as 1 satellite on fixed lnb.Is it possible that I have lost the satellite.xml file?

thanks

Storm

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All Dreamboxes work with DiseqC 1.2 .

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Ok many thanks, I will start again from scratch.

Cheers

Storm

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Storm55 said:
Ok many thanks, I will start again from scratch.

Cheers

Storm

Hey Storm

What you need to do is get yourself aquainted with the dreambox edit. Then you can download settings from all sorts of places, or generete your own list and pump it into the dreambox .It is all in the idiot guide.

Also, most of the Images such as Gemini, and also Hydra I think allow you to update the settings (satellites & channels) directly with the blue button of your remote.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi TG.

I haven't managed to get Dreambox edit to work yet,. I have tried to set up ip address for dreambox as 192.168.0.24 as per guide, but ftp, program, DCC still won't work. However I used DCC to find address and it cam up with 123.168.0.71. This address seems to work with most progams now, and I am going to try to set up dreambox edit now.

If I get it going can I ask some questions.

Thanks

Regards

Tim.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Storm55 said:
Hi TG.

I haven't managed to get Dreambox edit to work yet,. I have tried to set up ip address for dreambox as 192.168.0.24 as per guide, but ftp, program, DCC still won't work. However I used DCC to find address and it cam up with 123.168.0.71. This address seems to work with most progams now, and I am going to try to set up dreambox edit now.

If I get it going can I ask some questions.

Thanks

Regards

Tim.

I am not an network expert, but if you type in this IP address in your browser you shoul dbe able to connect to your dreambox. And if it does this you should be able to use the dreamboxedit.

Saeed Khan

Reaction score
Dear sir,
I have dreambox dm 500s.My friend install Hydra software in it.Now after every two or three days the keys of tps gone,again my friend copy a new file in it while in my other receiver the tps working without any change.I think the dreambox is a bougs receiver of the world.Kindly guide me how i can myself copy the new files in my dreambox without the help of my friend.Thanking in anticipation.
Saeed Khan

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Saeed Khan said:
Dear sir,
I have dreambox dm 500s.My friend install Hydra software in it.Now after every two or three days the keys of tps gone,again my friend copy a new file in it while in my other receiver the tps working without any change.I think the dreambox is a bougs receiver of the world.Kindly guide me how i can myself copy the new files in my dreambox without the help of my friend.Thanking in anticipation.
Saeed Khan

Why not ask your friend to show you.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland