What's Happened to the CNX Channel?

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
All,
It seems Sky have moved the CNX channel out of my basic package which is really annoying. The only reason I got a Sky box in the first place was because my kids wanted Dragon Ball Z. Does anyone know where there is an on-line list of Sky packages so I can work out which is the cheapest way to get CNX. The last time I looked at the Sky website it was less than useless and the last time I rang the Sky helpline I was subjected to 20 minutes of propaganda before reaching (a less than helpful) operator. It seems Sky have perfected the politician's art of wasting your time by telling you want they want to tell you rather than what you actually want to know. As a customer I hate being manipulated, and as soon as we either get cable along our road or my kids loose interest in Dragon Ball Z, then Sky know what they can do with their contract.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hello Shaun

I believe CNX is still in the basic line-up. It's 244 on the EPG.

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hi Jimbo,
It looks like you're right, CNX has returned to my screen. I don't know what happened, over the weekend all I got was a message saying that CNX was now a 24 hour blah. blah. blah.. and that I would have to call a helpline number to upgrade my package. Anyway, all's working well (for the time being at least).:)

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Well, it seems CNX is not part of my basic "Popular Mix Pack" after all, its been blocked again. Has anyone got any idea which is the is the cheapest way to get CNX? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get Dragon Ball Z (either English or Spanish) on my motorised receiver? that way I can throw my Sky receiver in the bin.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm sure that one of the channels on 30W must show it in Spanish Shaun, but couldn't tell you which one, its also on many some of the French channels, but single language only.

Gotta say that I was very suprised that ITV2 wasn't shown in the value pack either, in fact the only thing you seem to get is Sky 1, it doesn't show the other selections, but i believe that there are several choices inbetween that and the family pack at £18

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Can someone please recommend how I can get the Spanish channels on Hispasat. I have a GbSat with a couple of CAM sockets. As far as I know, all I need a CAM, a card, a programmer and some files.
Is there a particular CAM which is compatible with the GbSat (and if so, which)?
Which card would be most suitable for my needs (and receiver)?
Does the GbSat firmware need to be patched in any way (and if so how)?
Do the standard programmers connect to the USB port on my PC?
What is the process for getting files, and how often do I need to download them?
What is the legality of all of this?
Many thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To answer your last question first Shaun, shakey, even for educational purposes only. :)

Have a look in the Nagravision forum, there is some information there on Hispasat. Also the Viasat codes change most weekdays.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Thanks Lee, I found this the other day, the only problem is that CNX does not seem to be one of the listed channels. Looks like I'm going to have to call the helpline number and be subjected to 20mins of Sky propaganda. Hey, I've just thought, since it's my kids that want this channel, maybe I should get them to hold on the line until a real live operator answers the call (or maybe not, they might get brainwashed into wanting some other Sky service that they just can't live without).