gillou

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Hello ,
Please , can someone make a point aboiut Canax hack :
where are we ?
what is necessary ?
where to find hardware , software , coes , files ... ?
Thanx
Gillou

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
there is only a commerecial hack (the "Dream" card) but no public domain hack at all.
2old

U

upl

Hi 2old where can I get this Dream card. Further would you know where can I buy the original card for sony / b4u / doordarshan.
Many Thanks

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
There was a Conax hack uploaded to Phill's Satellite Files yesterday (03.02.02). I haven't played with it yet, mainly because I haven't a clue how to use it, I'm happy to spend time on it if someone could give me a few hints on what hardware I need and where to begin.

wolsty

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I put the files onto a Goldcard and tried them in my Humax 5400 with patched CAM. The machine didn't recognise the card, so I guess that I will need a Conax CAM. Any suggestions?

wolsty

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
When coloursat went belly up and stopped the subscriber cards for ORT on 1 West, I was able to poach back two of the Conax cams of customers

If you need I can post one down to you, but from what other sites have said, its not going to work with a gold card.

If you do get it going though Ive seen the choice of channels available and its not far off the ultimate in entertainment from one satellite, everything is there.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Yes, just about everything on 1 deg W plus a few channels on Sirius. If it's possible to hack Conax. I'm willing to give it a try and am open to suggestions.

CH, I'll PM you about the CAM.

wolsty

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Is the file you uploaded the same as found here? (which I don't know how to download)

http://sat-digital-tv.admin.net.pl/upload/detale.php?id=8282

Pligs76

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
No, Pligs, I don't think the file I mentioned is on your site. However, something strange is happening, probably due to my lack of knowledge of Polish. When I first clicked on your link, I got a list of (Conax?) files which, as you said, contained no download instructions. However, when I clicked for a second time, I got a list of downloads, many of which are on other sites such as Phill's and Dragon. I copied the URL from this page. It's: http://sat-digital-tv.admin.net.pl/upload/index.php?lang=english&skin=0 Downloading from here appears straightforward IF you can find the Conax file.

Stupidly, I didn't note the URL of the site from which I downloaded my Conax files. I think it was Phill's, but am not confident that it was. Anyway, I've PM'd them to you. Let me know how you get on.

wolsty

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I notice that Phill's site has had some more Conax files posted today. I'm going to play around with them to see if they work.

wolsty

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Dear Wolsty

Conax is one of those funny old systems where there is a lot more going on in the card than the usual.

Since this requires a specific chip set (and the cards are horrendously expensive to manufacturer), as well as access to the original codes, its going to be a very long time before anyone outside the broadcaster, operator and Subscriber Management Team get access to the technology

Dont waste too much time on it, hobbys are about success and fun, not looking at a blank screen.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Blank screens don't interest me, CH, but my wife thinks I should be the patron saint of lost causes.

I've been monitoring Phill's site and several Conax uploads have been made in the past month or so. Pligs has tried a file which I forwarded to him and has had some promising results. He seems to think that if the file had contained up-to-date codes, he might have decrypted some of the channels.

We certainly won't have success if we don't try, but I agree with you; hobbies are most certainly about having fun AND success.

wolsty

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
Tried out the Conax files uploaded on Phils site including those Wolsty found somewhere. Still get the "Card OK" but "No access" screen on both embedded Conax and a Conax CAM.

Haven't been able to figure out how to insert the claimed working codes into the hex file, but haven't given up.

Shall be pleased to hear of anybody had similar experience. Will keep you updated on my progress.

Pligs76

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Hi PLIGS : no reply on post yet but ive found this site if u dont alredy have
WWW.napigator.nl/cgi-script/CSUpload/CSUpload.cgi?command=viewupload&da Plenty there to get your teeth into
DAVE

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
2old, what is the difference between a commerecial hack and a public domain hack?

Pixey

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll answer this one Pixey, it's down to availability and that's it.

rolf

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-May-02 AT 02:55 PM (GMT)]No, it means you'll have to pay someone for it, unless they're prepared to give it to you. It simply means that you can't download and program the files yourself, the minute you can, it becomes a public domain hack.

Rolf

dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Ok.
Just another stupid question:
Why is it not a public hack yet?
If someone can hack it (commercially), why can't they just put the codes on the net?
Sorry about the stupid question, but I know nothing about this.