Whats special about videoguard.

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
As all the other encrptions are hacked, whats is special of videoguard what sky uses. Why is this so hard to hack?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
not all encryption systems are hacked. The system used on powervu transmissions is not hacked. Nor is Irdeto-II yet (at least, not verifiably). There are others too. Do you know of a cryptoworks hack? And the conax system is hacked commercially but not yet in the public domain.

Videoguard comes in different forms. Indeed, this is one of the things that makes it difficult - each provider which licences Videoguard from its makers NDS, gets a custom implementation. So although the Videoguard system used in the US is hacked, the one used in the UK is not.
Another difficulty is that the supply of decoders (Sky boxes) is so tightly controlled, and that there is as yet no Videoguard CAM (also due to tight control by Sky).

Add to that a complex heirarchy of keys and Sky's experience over many hard-fought years of analogue hacks, and it is easy to see why this is a tough nut to crack.

2old

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Thanks for the information. SIR!

jayko

XXX
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500+, DM800, CubeRevo HD, Sky UK HD x2, Viasat.
My Location
U.K
even if it was hacked in the u.k i wouldnt be jumping for joy because all of the sky channels are crap anyway sky sports shows about 2 games every weekend and tps foot shows about 5/6 + tps star shows 1/2 also u get m6 music hits and m6 music black two music channels ( better than mtv ) multivison 1-7 and all TPS movie channels. so who really cares if sky is hacked or not.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Jayko, you've just replied to a four year old thread.

But besides that, are you aware how many music channels there are on the Sky Digital platform? Well there are over 20 of them. Multivision are PPV channels not part of the subscription, Sky have more of those anyway, plus more subscription movie channels. You cannot really compare them, TPS is a tidler compared with Sky, the biggest advantage it has is the available mature content on the PPV channels. Yes it probably does show a bit more football, but a lot of that is also PPV.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Only good thing with Sky is the music channels, they are great, but the rest is crap in my opinion.

I watch RTE1, RTE2 and TG4, TV3 mostly and that is high quality programming and the doesn't cost anything, just a freesat card.

I had the Sky Movie package first, but boy that was the worst i ever seen, old movies repeated over and over.....

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
BTW, guys, admitt this

It has nothing to with if the programs are good or bad

It is a must as long as it is there A crack is a must just to show that Pirates have brains:)

So I am , somewhat surprised, that we haven´t seen a crack yet Maybe the dreambox will help us

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Let's hope so - just because it's there.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
whatsthis said:
Let hope so - just because it's there.
Yep I agree. The ppl in this hobby probably watch less tv than anybody.