whats the diferene between matrix reloadoded and revoloutions?

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
is like the revoulotion cam beter than reloaded.cheers stevo.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Different software , sent you a PM. John

mo1965

Reaction score
Can u load the M rev. files onto the Mr cam without damaging it and will it function as an Mrev

finmo

Reaction score
can I use the same tools to program the mrv as I use for mr?
Is the multicam loader working for mrv?
I have a MM and a MM loader board. Can this board be used for programming mrv. Together with multicam loader?
thnx for your help.
finmo

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
mo1965 said:
Can u load the M rev. files onto the Mr cam without damaging it and will it function as an Mrev

No the MRev version does not work on the MR, don't think that it breaks the CAM, but you may then need a CAS to reprogram to MR.

@ finmo, The MM loader will not work, but anything that works with the MR should also work with the MRev as far as I know.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
mo1965 said:
Yes, you can with CAS2 interface.

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
I have both and both funktion the same, I program the cams via the PCMCIA Slot on an old Toshiba Laptop (bought for this on e-bay for 50pounds, easier then a CAS and can also download the software and program other recievers) and they also use the same Software 2.10. I can not see a difference except that the Rev was much more expensive when it came out. Now they both cost about 40pounds here (60euros)

Not knowing all the "insights" I think that they are virtually identical but the Rev had something build in that ,in the beginning, prohibited the MR Software to run on it, so you needed "special" software, basically one more plot to sell cams like all the others Predator,Joker,x-Cam ect pp. Now there seems to be no more difference.

Of course I could be wrong but it seems that nobody,especially the sellers,have arguments why one should buy this or that after the first 2 month of sale, already its outdated and the new Super cam is coming along.....

All seem to open the same channels.........

Sorry for ranting on but if you like to "open" some channels, get a decent reciever (really cheap and very good Galaxis FCIC7000, about 120pounds) and forget about the ever changing cams. Sell your old one and you pay less then for the cam and can forget about all those problems.

sunny greetings
C

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
The main difference in the cams appears to be in the hardware used for the smart card interface, so that if you load MREV firmware to an MR, you can't use cards (whether for viewing programs or for changing the firmware again).

gagliostro

Reaction score
Revolution has a different hardware than Reloaded!
Rev. read cards throug different hardware lines, or from different routines(it is not clear, if routines comes from Sisda or Xilinx).
Reloaded use chip Philips 8080, in order to recognize cards inserted, and Rev. doesn't have that chip in him hardware....
So, it's sure this is a small hardware trick , from producer, just for support only new cams production, not the old line out of production.
Xilinx doesn't matter;also taking out the chip from the Rev, and solding it in Reloaded, the reloaded will not work like Rev.(full functions i mean)
From last two firms released by me (210-211) , software are compatible for both cams; but remember, if you will upgrade your Reloaded with Rev. firm(using cas or funcards), you will able to Revolutionf irm performance, but you will loose the chance to use your Reloaded, with a subscription card inside..... and you will be able to come back to original Reloaded firms , only using cas interface....so take care :D

speculatrix

Reaction score
My Location
East Anglia, UK
from what I read, the mRev is basically the same as the mRel, except that it's newer because they did a small redesign which means its actually cheaper to make (as someone said, this is probbly the smartcard interface)!
so, provded you can get firmware, there's no "upgrade" from one to the other.

sharp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My system: ARION-2000CICR, Samsung9500 VIACI, Twihhan DVB-S2 PCI, Terratec USB HD XS.
Motorized dish Triax 88A 85cm-95cm, STABHH100 motor, 1x Universal LNB.
My Location
Stockholm
Can you develop it a bit more about CAM vs. decent receiver. How does it work in practice? I consider your advice to replace a CAM.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is no doubt that it is cheaper to use a receiver which emulates the CAM, but if you wish to develop that line of discussion, can you start a new thread in perhaps CAMs and Decoders General.