What's Your Mean Machine?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
O'k channel hopper & rolfw have got me started on this one!.....(see page 2, on razors 'Irish Wizard'.........rolfw is an ex Beetle owner and enthusiast!........while hopper claims he owns this blue beast of a car (could be a G.R.P kit car with a Robin Reliant engine in it!).......lets see what anyone can post here!.......it can be wild and whacky or a down right envy machine............o'h and by the we may ask for proof of ownership too (if we get jealous!)..........lol.......waverider.............

P.S i nominate: channel hopper, rolfw, jimbo, razor and myself to be the judges......

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Horses for courses Waverider

The car is only as good as the traffic in front of me

I would have to say the VF1000R pictured elsewhere in the forum is the prettiest of the vehicles I own, and could be classed as mean, but its not the sharpest handling thing in the garage.

The Ducati 900SL undergoing an engine rebuild at present is the quickest from A to B

For day to day transport Ive picked a winner with the XBR500 from eBay a couple of months ago and its definitely a good alrounder

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I have to say…I still have a soft spot for the first car I ever bought…A Triumph Toledo.

It was stolen on me and never saw it again.

Also as my father-in –law worked in Jaguar( Coventry ) all his life, the Wife is always on at me to get one.
Might do it one day.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
about 12 years ago, I acquired a Datsun 280ZX and spent £2,500 on it for bodywork, respray and mechanical work. Unfortunately, the guy that I bought it from had used a private plate on it, but when all of the records were transferred from local offices to Swansea, he was not using the vehicle and didn't reply to their letters.

The upshot was that the registration lapsed, he couldn't find his documentation and I could find no record of the car's import, so had to get type approval.

The car sat in storage for a few months, but unfortunately, when I went to pick it up with a trailer, the thing had been nicked and that's where the dream ended :(.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Life can be a real bitch cant it

I had a motorbike stolen when I was transporting it back from East Europe. Id parked up at a B+B overnight, and then had to catch a poor mans version of National Express back to the channel.

Not fun

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Wonder what my old Toledo would be worth now if I still had it.

It was a 1971 model and was 5 years old when I got it, after a while I took out the 1.3 engine and put in a 1.5 from a Dolomite / Sprint ……Happy Days.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Razor's Toledo still going strong. :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I had this passion wagon

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well chaps three years ago my pride and joy was a 1984 Porsche 911 Targa in guards red....... mint condition.......never drove it much in the winter as i could'nt bare to see it get dirty...(sad git!)......one summer's weekend wife an me decide to blast down to my native I.O.W for the day.........when we arrived back home....i was P*s**ed off so much that i could'nt go much over 65mph cos of our fantastic M25 car park, i realised there was not much point in owning a car like that......so decided to sell it!.......today i have a Suzuki TL1000 SV which give's me great delight in paying back those driver's..who slowed me up in my Porsche!.....:-)

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
A Zodiac Jimbo...you don't sound like a Zodiac man. Would have thought more like a FIAT 124

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
today i have a Suzuki TL1000 SV which give's me great delight

Im not surprised, theyre shit off a shovel, hope youve put some carbons on .

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Yep sure did hopper.....Boss carbons....and she has a power commander fitted too :-)
trouble is i have a bit of trouble keepin the front wheel on the deck!.......how do you get your photos' posted on here hopper?......if i knew i could upload a picture of the bike!.....P.S Honda's make sweet bike's the VF1000R is one of me fav's....

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
I've got a Seadoo XP jetski. Does about 75 mph over the water.

Dimensions
Seating Capacity:
Length:
2.72m
Width:
1.12m
Height:
1.04m
Dry Weight:
255kg
Fuel Capacity:
54 litres
Storage Capacity:
21 litres
Engine
Engine Type:
Two stroke, twin cylinder Rotax™, R.A.V.E.™ exhaust
Displacement:
951cm³
Compression Ratio:
6.1:1
Bore × Stroke:
88mm × 78.2mm
Carburation:
Twin Mikuni BN 46 - 42
Horsepower:
135hp
Drive Unit
Propulsion System:
Bombardier Formula large hub pump with trimming nozzle
Impeller:
Stainless Steel
Hull
Type:
Semi-V, hyperbolic, multi-angle deadrise, fibreglass reinforced.

But it's a bit to cold this time of year to use!!!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Nice one Chris i own something a lot slower!!....22ft Seal sailing cruiser......top speed (according to wind conditions etc) 7.5 Knotts!......but i can sleep, cook & relax on it lol!

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Shiver me timbers m8y, get aloft you old sea dog. Always wanted to say that.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
LOL...heh heh.....top of the evening to yer....and enjoy yer Guinness....:-)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
P.S Honda's make sweet bike's the VF1000R is one of me fav's....

Engine a dream, fairing and electrics typically Hondas and Japanese finest. Brakes, handling and corrosion of the combstibles is its downfall

If only theyd put this engine in the standard VF1000 (I have two of them as well) it would have been the one to beat in 1984. As it was the GPz900 waltzed it on cost and handling.

auxr6

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Australia
My current car here in Tasmania (Australia) is an AU series Ford Falcon XR6 sedan - 4.0 litre straight 6, various performance mods, approx 220kw, top speed around 235kph. :) :)
This is an Australian designed and built Ford which has been modified by Tickford Vehicle Engineering in Melbourne (since renamed Ford Performance Vehicles).

Cheers

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Australian house cars (and bikes) have been ignored by almost all the press up here, but they do have a cult following from those that keep in touch via the film industry.

Some good and some best left in the can

I shall be watching 'Stone' tonight on VHS, just to see what all the fuss is about