whee to buy good deal sky box in London ???

rob_drani

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi guys,
I would need to buy a good deal sky box in London (i.e. shops or web sites), plus its card to take it italy and whatch it there , for only FTW channels.
can someone give me any indication, again in the london area???
thanksl

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Digiboxes are not generally available for sale in shops. You will need to find an online dealer or someone selling one on ebay.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
rob_drani said:
Hi guys,
I would need to buy a good deal sky box in London (i.e. shops or web sites), plus its card to take it italy and whatch it there , for only FTW channels.
thanksl

Check your private messages...

ryanair25

Crew
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120cm offset dish+manhattan plaza st500,
but would like to upgrade my system to receive freesat UK in the South of Italy.
My Location
TURI (BARI), APULIA, SOUTH ITALY
Hello,
I was reading your system components and would like to know if in Cyprus (then southern than the place where I live), can u get sky channels from ASTRA 2D with a motorised 3.00m dish and a digibox??
I am asking this, because I have been adviced than in the South of Italy I would rather need a very huge dish going from 3,00m to 5,00m.....
Can give me more tips and suggestions for upgrading my system, so to get ASTRA 2D in Bari???
thx a lot

Vito:-worship

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Hi Vito
In Cyprus the strenght of Astra 2D signal varies depending on the location...Western part of the island 2.7m dish is reported to be enough for 2D but as you come to east the dish size required for 2D increases up to over 4m (4.2m is a common dish)...
Personally i use a motorised 3.0m Channel Master at home...
Although am the importer for 4.2m dishes,unfortunately i do not have room for a 4.2m in my garden so i installed myself a 3.0m dish on the roof and with a lot of tweaking i managed to get 2D almost all day...(only some breakups early evening between 6-8pm)
Since i do not know anything about 2D signal in Italy i cannot give you specific advice...Best to check The BIG 28.2E Dish Size survey here >> http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/VBGooglemap.php

ryanair25

Crew
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120cm offset dish+manhattan plaza st500,
but would like to upgrade my system to receive freesat UK in the South of Italy.
My Location
TURI (BARI), APULIA, SOUTH ITALY
iceman said:
Hi Vito
In Cyprus the strenght of Astra 2D signal varies depending on the location...Western part of the island 2.7m dish is reported to be enough for 2D but as you come to east the dish size required for 2D increases up to over 4m (4.2m is a common dish)...
Personally i use a motorised 3.0m Channel Master at home...
Although am the importer for 4.2m dishes,unfortunately i do not have room for a 4.2m in my garden so i installed myself a 3.0m dish on the roof and with a lot of tweaking i managed to get 2D almost all day...(only some breakups early evening between 6-8pm)
Since i do not know anything about 2D signal in Italy i cannot give you specific advice...Best to check The BIG 28.2E Dish Size survey here >> http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/VBGooglemap.php

Can u give me more details about the 4.2m dish you import??
Can I know more about prices??

I just gave a look through the map and found that data are quite a lot misleading, because it's reported for example that in Greece (so, going west from Bari) a 2.40 m gets everything 24/24 -7/7 while in Sicily (South east of Bari) a 1m dish is ok....
Do u think a 310cm solid dish by IRTE would solve any problem here?
Give me details about dishes (sizes and prices) you import and if you can export, I think I will buy from you....

thx;)

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
ryanair25 said:
Do u think a 310cm solid dish by IRTE would solve any problem here?

Looking at the dish survey (and keeping in mind the 2D signal levels in Cyprus) I think you have a very good chance of getting 2D with a 3.10cm solid this in Bari...But the dish must be installed and alligned by a professional with proper equipment & experience on 2D signals...
Unfortunately i do not export....

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
rob_drani said:
Hi guys,
thanksl

You can buy a basic SKY digibox off Ebay (I have done this two times). You can also buy from Ebay the FTV card (for the encrypted free channels CHA4, FIVE, SKY THREE, etc).

Or, look at local London selling sites. I bought my second fully working Pace digibox for GBP 25.00 plus (GBP 20.00??) parcel costs to Germany ;-))