When will mankind make first contact with aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Debunking Jordan Maxwell Part 1 of 7 (revised edition)
also on youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=jwugLx2rSJY&feature=fvw

Anyway if you want real knowledge i would suggest you research derrell sims. Unfortunately there is so much nonsense mixed in with quality research in ufology its easy to get caught up in it but any good researcher knows where to look eventually. Studying ufology is like a journey of the mind and soul it takes time and dedication to find your way. There seems to be a lot of babble mixed in with some truth, clearing away the truth from the babble is the research part.

evilronald

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC - P4, 512mb, 120gb HDD, nVidia 512mb, win XP.
SATELLITE - Manhattan Plaza XT-CM, 54" Triax dish, single titanium LNB.
My Location
Widnes, Cheshire, United Kingdom
We get spaceships reported weekly...by tramps...drunk...on the mersey estuary *liverpool flight path*, what's to doubt!. Seriously though i believe, the universe cant be as big as it is and only us on our little speck of rock exist, wether its man sized aliens or microscopic bacteria, there has to be something :)

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello to all alien hunters,
acording to stephen hawkings the alien contact would be like when columbus landed in america and meet the indians.
he wanted the land and they wanted to scalp him.
ralph

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
[tube]pSY4fEEg4j0[/tube]

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Protection against the aliens...

_http://www.stopabductions.com/

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
When I think about it, this planet has been here for billions of years and no alien has ever been here. Maybe that's proof aliens simply do not exist. To wait billions of years and nothing, then we might expect to wait another 40 billion years and still no visitors.

mikie8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Diablo wifi
dgstation 200s+ modded to 64Mb
Gibbertini 1.2M Channel Master feedhorn Inverto white
Fibo 90Cm fibo motor inverto white
85cm generic 2600 TM , black ultra
Superjack dp6600
Pace Mss-500
My Location
dagenham
do the maths , if a solar system is 13 billion light years away it will take 13 billion years at light speed to get here .

assuming the universe is 14 billions years old and we have taken that long to evolve to this point , how far do you think aliens have evolved . why do people think because they come from a large distance they should be more advanced , yet when we travel miles to go on holiday we treat people from far away as stupid foriegners .

alien propaganda is spread so people dont ask about new military tech . if the spy plane is avalible for sale , what do you think is flying around spying on the spy planes that were just sold ?

believing in aliens is just that , a belief . and all beliefs are BS . belief only works with faulse things like gods and aliens . if someone stops believeing in aliens , the aliens stop exsisting . that is the acid test . try stop believing in gravity and see how far you float .

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You are taking this far too seriously mikie - its a bit of fun thats all

Anyway who says the speed of light is a limiting factor? There may be whole branches of physics still to be discovered by humans that allows the s.o.l. to be evaded. Current understanding is that you cant go faster than the s.o.l. but the next big scientific breakthrough may allow what we see on the tv as "warp drive"

:D

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK
My old physics lecturer used to say, the universe is so infinitely vast that what happened here on earth MUST have happened elsewhere...

He also used to believe his home was haunted though, so I took it with a pinch of salt...

mikie8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Diablo wifi
dgstation 200s+ modded to 64Mb
Gibbertini 1.2M Channel Master feedhorn Inverto white
Fibo 90Cm fibo motor inverto white
85cm generic 2600 TM , black ultra
Superjack dp6600
Pace Mss-500
My Location
dagenham
the universe is so vast and full of planets its mathamaticaly impossible that this is the only planet with life on it .

but just because there is most definitely life else where does in no way mean green aliens are flying about in spaceships .

i understand technologies will evolve and what are limiting factor today , may not be so limiting in the future . but to use science fiction to explain away any problems with aliens being real is no different from loony cult leaders making it up as they go .

alien visitors is a belief system . nothing more .

may the force be with you

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
mikie8 said:
but just because there is most definitely life else where does in no way mean green aliens are flying about in spaceships .

i understand technologies will evolve and what are limiting factor today , may not be so limiting in the future . but to use science fiction to explain away any problems with aliens being real is no different from loony cult leaders making it up as they go .

The title of the thread is
When will mankind make first contact with aliens?

All you have to do is postulate your best guess, plausible ones are preferable, but there really isn't any forum restriction except changing the subject without a good reason.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
This has now been running for just over 3 years, and theres some interesting indications appearing in the poll.

41% of the respondents have chosen the first two options. So nearly half of the voters think mankind will make first contact before the end of the century - a time many of the younger members of the forum will live to see.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
And a third (36%) think they are already here.

Some of these way out polls are fascinating - they throw up all sorts of unexpected results - I expected the majority of answers to be "no such thing"

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Analoguesat said:
I expected the majority of answers to be "no such thing"
Really?

You'd be no good selling snake oil then! :-rofl2

T1154

T1154
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
Fixed dishes forAstra2 Atlantic bird 3 and astra 1
Sky box, Humax Viaccess, Humax HD freesat,strong 6410
My Location
S W France [47]
I am sure that we shall discover aliens tomorrow

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
They will not tell you about it T1154. All the documents on the Rendlesham military base incident in the 1980s (jointly run by uk/usa military) where a craft of unknown origin reportedly landed and was witnessed by various military police etc have recently disappeared. The witnesses are still looking for justice, they are on facebook actually. When stanton friedman the well known nuclear physicist and also highly regarded ufo researcher was asked "where is all the evidence?" his reply was "uncle sam has it" well i guess they can add the Rendlesham documents to that too ha. oh yeah penniston one of the witnesses to the landed craft claims he touched it and got a telepathic binary download from it which he wrote down getting to about 6 pages i believe, its been studied and it is either coordinates or spells out something but a member using a binary translator from abovetopsecret.com found the binary code spelled out EXPLORATIONOGHUMANI
(Exploration of Human ?) anyway its deep enough to hide the documents. theres some good coverage on that case worth looking into.

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
I see a lot of weird things in the sky. Okay, they're not first hand - they're on YouTube. :D

But at the end of the day (it gets night-time), theses things in the sky can't all be ours. They can't all be blimps, balloons, aircraft, etc. Funny weird shapes, lightning fast movement. Bizarre, unexplainable manoeuvres.

And when you think there are more planets out there than there are grains of sands on the world's beaches, then stop and think. We cannot be alone.

T1154

T1154
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
S W France [47]
I think it probable that ET intelligences exist,that they may be similar to ourselves in many respects,but that although there may be immense numbers of planets supporting life, those that are peopled by intelligences similar to our own are relatively few in number . This could however, still add up to a large number in the Universe as a whole .
That being the case why have we not found evidence of their existence .
Well spatial distances are immense and given the frail nature and short longevity of humankind ,if they are truly similar to us ,then unless some scientific discoveries have been made by others which overcome our present frailty in a Space environment, to circumvent the Einsteinian light speed limitation which would enable travel and communication over the distances involved to become practicable, ; then I think that we may still have to wait a long time for evidence of ET's.
But it could be that our existence may have already been detected! Although we have been sending E/M radiation into space for getting on a century no emmission has so far is likely to have been strong enough to enable its detection at much beyond a few light years, With one exception .And that is the E/M pulse from nuclear explosions. They could have been picked up in all probability, at at least 100 light years distant ,with equipment of the kind that we can produce today .Any other civilisation detecting them ,would also know what they originated from ,which could have alerted them to the danger that we pose . So they may have already decided that we must be dealt with immediately.In which case as Clarke wrote. 'that they are on their way, I have no doubt'!

T1154

T1154
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
S W France [47]
We shall meet them on a manned mision to Mars in the year 2192
They will be adept at Space travel and will have surveyed Earth during the years 2077 to 2080
Our broadcast TV and radio programmes will have been first viewed in 2077 and will have been generally available to their population since 2087
They will have written at least 5 major Earth language language translation programs by 2095 and accessed Internet by 2104
Our activities will have been monitored continuously since2104.
Their home planet will be 102 light years from Earth .They will be humanoid ,differing only marginally from us by reason of the higher gravity of their home planet. they will be black , mono lingual citizens of a World-wide federation and live in peace loving Society
Their Technology will be in advance of ours by around 500 years,and they will have developed hyper light speed communications capability.
They will make contact initially via Internet

Alex2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
old anologue nokia box with 1 meter dish. Planning to go digital
My Location
Leicester
They are here already, they are called politicians. They live in a differnt world to humans, and tell lies when they open their mouths.

Status
Not open for further replies.