GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Hello,

Been using DB7000 now for several months, running Peter Pan no probs, been happy transferring all files by FTP etc, enjoyable learning curve.

With all the 'scam' movements of late cannot use newcamd so thought would add this Hydra Zeus latest image as an alternative to see some of 'Italia' etc.

Loaded on to HDD with FlashWizard pro, keeping the Peter Pan on flash.

Cannot seem to find the method of actually running the Hydra image.

On boot up the PP image loads and nowhere, either with the remote coloured buttons or the 'Menu' can I see the reference to the Hydra image, although it shows up as on the HDD.

How do I actually get Hydra up and running from the HDD. Don't particularly want to put Hydra on flash.

Sorry for my failings with this, I thought I had my DB beat having conquered all the manual inputs with the PP image.

Thanks for your help with this.

lovelyperson

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You need to add the Bootmenu with FWP, then you will get a menu to select either image.

Be careful though, it will boot the kernel from the image in flash, and then switch to loading the rest of the image from HDD/USB, so it makes sense to have the kernel version the same between images (or the base version of Enigma if you like).

Don't know what version your PP image is running.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
:) BGonaSTICK,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You say 'You need to add the Bootmenu with FWP', can you point me in the right direction for this?

PP image on flash is 'pp_108_r_08092004'. Not got too much time at the moment so dont want to be too fussy, just would like to see what this image is about with so many folks running it.

I prefer to manually load/change files etc, get more interest from this. At the end of the day will revert back to PP.

In view of my 'temporary' attitude perhaps a simple erase & straight install of Hydra to flash would suffice although I fancy doing what you advise.

From what I read I guess you personally derive more pleasure from the tech point of view along with solving members problems than the actual channel watching.

One thing I do seem to see on the forums is that many folk seem to have boot loading problems. Is this normally associated with messing about with image flashing rather than hardware?

Cheers for your help. Best wishes for 2005.
:) lovelyperson

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
lovelyperson said:
:) BGonaSTICK,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You say 'You need to add the Bootmenu with FWP', can you point me in the right direction for this?

PP image on flash is 'pp_108_r_08092004'. Not got too much time at the moment so dont want to be too fussy, just would like to see what this image is about with so many folks running it.

I prefer to manually load/change files etc, get more interest from this. At the end of the day will revert back to PP.

In view of my 'temporary' attitude perhaps a simple erase & straight install of Hydra to flash would suffice although I fancy doing what you advise.

From what I read I guess you personally derive more pleasure from the tech point of view along with solving members problems than the actual channel watching.

One thing I do seem to see on the forums is that many folk seem to have boot loading problems. Is this normally associated with messing about with image flashing rather than hardware?

Cheers for your help. Best wishes for 2005.
:) lovelyperson

Get FWP4.5b for a start, then hit the 'Configuration and Utilities' button at bottom left. The Utilities box which comes up just to the right of it should have an 'Install Flashwizard Pro' button or similar (mine has a 'Remove Flashwizard Pro' button for obvious reasons!).

Alternatively, you can hit the 'Install or remove a firmware in MULTIBOOT' button at left, and it will prompt you to install the bootmenu part of the software. This is the only part that gets installed on the DB. The rest sits on the PC. Not sure which Enigma version you have on PP or which kernel version, but it should say in the doco somewhere. I wouldn't mix kernel versions... O-no

I had to give up my Black Tiger 3 when I went USB, as the kernel versions were so different. I miss it badly, which is why I'll make my own 1.0.8.2 version when I have time. Yeah, I love to fiddle and learn. That's why the USB thing is of interest for now. I like having two images too, as I can stuff one up on purpose, and still watch the footy (a happy coincidence - the only thing I really watch).

I don't think many people have 'boot loading' problems as such. Many screw up the firmware and have trouble restarting it, but that's mostly to do with not flash-erasing properly. I've never had a problem, but I don't chop and change very much. True boot loading problems cannot be sorted out by reflashing, even with a serial cable. Bootstrap file corruption can only be resolved by reprogramming via JTAG (either yourself with a CAS2 I've found out or by retuning box to Dream).

Even fewer have problems with actual hardware.

Enjoy your playing, and a Happy New Year to you too.

STICK

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
:) Thanks BGonaSTICK,

OK now with Hydra, TA for the kick in the right direction.

Glad to say since we last spoke, 5.26 released and a little bit more satisfaction in the manual installation method.

Thanks again, 'speak' to you soon no doubt.

;) lovelyperson